Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Dolfanhp Best dvds to showcase axioms? - 08/08/04 03:25 AM
Just got my Axioms (M60s, VP150, QS8s and EP350), paired with Denons 3805/2900 and am very hapy. Now, I recall having read in this forum a thread that included a list of some dvds that were very good to showcase specific parts of the settings, i.e. dvd1, scene A to best appreciate the subwoofer, dvd2, scene B for the center channel, etc.. Can't find it now.

Can someone point me to the right place?

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: dakkon Re: Best dvds to showcase axioms? - 08/08/04 05:08 AM
that thread is in the HT section, do a search you will come up with it.
Posted By: denver Re: Best dvds to showcase axioms? - 08/08/04 03:27 PM
Here are a couple:

Thread #1

Thread #2
Posted By: Dolfanhp Re: Best dvds to showcase axioms? - 08/08/04 10:38 PM
Thanks a lot, Debver! That's what I was looking for. Now, I recall that I saw a thread that actually provided some detailed lists of movies to test specific components. I will use the two threads you gave me, and hopefully someone else can come up with 'the one' I remember. Thanks! I happen to own some of the DVDs mentioned in those threads, so, my show off op starts NOW!
Posted By: BigWill Re: Best dvds to showcase axioms? - 08/08/04 11:04 PM
"Open Range" made great use of the surrounds during the storm sequences. It also gives your sub a workout in the shootout scene.

Posted By: Dolfanhp Re: Best dvds to showcase axioms? - 08/09/04 03:12 AM
That's right, Big. I recall that when I was shopping for the equipment, I saw that shootout scene on a Marantz A/V with B&W speakers and the thing was sweet! I'll try my stuff with that scene and we'll see. Thanks!
© Axiom Message Boards