Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bray Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 12:19 AM
Hey guys which color would you go for????

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 12:38 AM
I'd say either flesh or naked.
BTW, Nice set up! I have a fireplace in the same spot.

Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 12:40 AM
Did you use a tripod?
Posted By: rad_sci_guy Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 12:42 AM
I like the black. It's a classic look but I'd do the naked if you are constant duster. Are those the beech? I'm very close to getting my Axioms and I'm leaning toward the beech with black.

Love the fab 4 photo you have over the tv. I've never seen that pose before.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 12:48 AM
As would be my answer to this question regardless of context...NAKED my man. Those babies look sweeeeet in the buff!

Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 12:52 AM
tleigh-
Thanks,and yes I used a tripod.
rad_sci_guy
Yes those are beech, but after I put the photos on a server the color and contrast shifted bad, so it is probably not the most "true" representation of the color.
Posted By: Radspecv Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 12:52 AM
There's nothing better than naked cones and naked ports. Oh yeah, about the speakers - I'd go grilles off. Black isn't bad either. I got mine running naked now - need to post pics at some point.

Pete
Posted By: BigWill Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 01:15 AM
LOL.

I'd go with the tan grills based on your decor, maybe the black if they were in my house. Naked looks just too damn busy.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 01:18 AM
btw...that's a really nice looking room.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 01:35 AM
That's a HANDSOME room. Very nice. Love the Beatles photo. I'd go with the black grilles because it ties together, and balances, the TV and the sub. Regardless, looking good!
Posted By: ericb Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 01:46 AM
Go with the black as it continues the contrast you already have going with the picture frame and TV against the color of the walls, stand, and speakers. It also doesn't make the sub stand out as much.

(can't believe I'm not going with naked)

btw, nice room. Where did you find that Beatles print?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:06 AM
Black or naked for me. The tan ones are just ugh.. not my style
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:08 AM
Hell my wife even agrees with me on this. 1 st choice is naked then black.......sorry but I don't like the tan ones at all! What kind of camera did you use for that pic by the way? I'm on the hunt for a new one and I have no clue what to look at.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:11 AM
Sorry but I changed my mind. I stared at those pictures forever and Black is by far the way to go. Then I guess no grills and I still don't like the tan.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:12 AM
I'd rank flesh, black, then naked. I've never really liked the Naked speaker look though.
Posted By: seamonster Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:15 AM
My m80 sounds way better without the grill (in a stereo system).

Try if it makes any difference to your ears in your room. If so, qualify of sound always comes first. =)

BTW, you got a nice looking room.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:16 AM
Black, all the way. I don't like the tan, either, and BigWill's right about the naked being too busy.
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:32 AM
John (NeverHappy)
The camera used is a Fuji S2 Pro (made by Nikon, 6.1 megapixels), you can find one used on e-bay for around $1500. Lens was a 24-85 3.5-4.5 Nikkor ED lens, around $350 retail.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:35 AM
Holy crap!!!!! Now I know why the pictures look so dam nice. That is way more then I need. Got any suggestions in the $200.00 to $400.00 range?
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:38 AM
BTW.....
Thats me on the 3rd screen, Zuzu my 6 month old Blueheeler on the 2nd screen, and some kind of beautiful flower that grows on the side of my house on the 1st screen.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:41 AM
In reply to:

Thats me on the 3rd screen

Don't let this go to your head but my wife says you got a George Clooney thing going on...................whatever the hell that means.
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:47 AM
NeverHappy
Cannon, Nikon, and Sony make some really nice point and shoot digital cameras. Alot of the Cannon digitals have whats called a cmos chip rather than a ccd chip. After 10 years of shooting digital cameras, I find that an image captured with a cmos chip isnt as sharp as one captured with a ccd chip. Not saying theyre bad, (alot of sports and newspaper photographers use them), just not as sharp as a ccd chip. But photoshop can do wonders!!!!
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 02:50 AM
In reply to" George Clooney thing".
She cant see my hair line.
Posted By: littleb Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 07:06 AM
NAKED is always best, me friend.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 01:14 PM
bray- i like the black.. as someone else has said, it blends well with the other black objects in the entertainment center and the beatles pic, plus it make the sub just almost disappear.

BTW- i dig the overall look of the room. nice accents and i like the antique cameras as decoration.. especially the one on top of the fireplace. i tried to convince my wife we should use old cameras as decoration/conversation pieces in our den, but she nixed me. she's too busy doing what hilde and the rest of the decorating crew on trading spaces are telling her.

really nice overall.. next time i am in the metroplex visiting my sister, i will have to look you up and come visit. i will bring beer!! DUH!!

bigjohn

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 01:22 PM
So you've got cardboard+macaroni spraypainted gold on your walls, then?

Sorry, dude...
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 01:35 PM
close..

i do have crinkled aluminum foil stuck to the ceiling of my bar/game room with cans of 3M industrial spray glue. that was possibly the most frustrating, messy, time consuming decorating project we have done thus far. the result is OK, but not as good as we expected. chalk it up as a learning experience.

bigjohn
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 03:29 PM
I'm looking at the pics and now I can see why everyone is choosing black. I guess I can rule out being an interior decorator.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 04:16 PM
well I have to go with the second picture, much more harmony imho. Then I suggest you veneer your sub to match and get a matching grill from Axiom.

Now my question. What camera is that on the third shelf from the top on the left?

cheers

Ford
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 04:26 PM
FordPerfect
That camera is a Brownie Hawkeye. I also have a really cool flash attachment and the original box and paperwork for it. I picked it up at an estate sale for $2.00.

Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/25/04 06:07 PM
excellent buy! colour me GREEN
Posted By: snippy Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/27/04 02:16 PM
flesh, I much prefer the clean look. That is the way I have it. I do not prefer the contrasty look.
Posted By: Sutter Cane Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 10:29 AM
Bray:

Where'd you get that funkadelic lamp that you've got on top of your sub?

That thing looks pretty cool, I like it anyways. You've got a damn nice room along with a damn nice setup man.

Sutter Cane
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 01:04 PM
SutterCane
Ikea.
Thanks.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 04:01 PM
Black all the way. Picks up the highlights in the room. Flesh looks a little strange in someway. Naked gives it a tech look to the room and dirupts all the other material you have in the room. Naked looks like a really pretty girl with too many piercings.

But of course if you have a girlfriend or wife you know that it will be up to her anyway so you might as well get her input because you know that that will be the way it will stay.
Posted By: Wid Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 04:02 PM
Bray,

I like the black the best.It contrasts real good with the rest of your room and gear.

Super room by the way!
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 04:29 PM
No wife, but a "new" girlfriend who doesnt seem to have much to say on the subject. I dont know if thats good or bad. She does love music though, so thats a plus. She wants to go see Jr. Brown tonight. Should be fun.
Posted By: Wid Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 04:48 PM
Bray,

All you have to do is let her know your first love is the stereo.I hear that all the time from the wife.She tells me that I love the stereo more than her.Then I tell her,no dear I don't I have upgraded the stereo a few times and you are still here .
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 05:08 PM
Make sure she is ok with the HT. They always seem to be quite and then after they've been around for a little bit the truth comes out.

Saw James Brown about 2 yrs ago in San Diego. Disapointed to say the least. He has someone else sing most of the time and once in awhile he chims in with "James Brown" or some yell. Let me know how it goes.
Posted By: bray Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 06:06 PM
Not James Brown, but Jr. (Junior) Brown. Funky, bluesy, country like. Very fun to listen to.
Posted By: lomb7 Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 07:12 PM
Sorry, caught that after I reread.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: Black, Flesh, or NAKED!!!!! - 08/28/04 07:33 PM
If the girlfriend or wife isn't in to ht, then install a couple of bass shakers in the sofa. Just kidding.

I had to take my wife to a couple of High-end stores where the price tag isn't exposed on the equipment. This way she will know what to expect. Then you start buying stuff, at the end of the buying spree you tell her how much you saved (this is key), this way you look like a genius and if you have any future plans it’s pretty much gold for you

Good Luck

Tom

© Axiom Message Boards