Axiom Home Page
Posted By: izub What to do? - 09/14/04 10:36 PM
I am ready to order 2 back surrounds. I know this has been hashed around somewhere in the not too distant past but, do I go for m2 or QS8 for the 2 backs? (I can't consider anything larger due to room constraints,furniture etc) I go roughly 50/50 music/movies. I have the 60's, the 150, 2 Qs8 sides. Room is 27 x 14.5 x 8. I have 2 very small, old Polk monitors there in the back now. They don't seem to add that much Thanks for all input.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: What to do? - 09/14/04 10:39 PM
The reason the polks don't add much isn't because their polks, it's because 7.1 isn't much of a leap from 5.1.

But to answer your question, I'd get the M2i's if you really want to go all axiom 7.1.

Posted By: 2x6spds Re: What to do? - 09/14/04 10:51 PM
I have QS8s in the side surround positions and M2e's in the back surround positions. If I had it to do over, I'd get QS8s for the back surrounds as well.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: What to do? - 09/14/04 11:03 PM
I've heard both sides of the issue, and understand both, however, I am planning on 4 qs8's for my denon 2805. I talked to 3 people at Axiom, Alan, Joe, and I believe Brent. They said the qs8's work wonderful as rear speakers, and the Surround nature of the quadpolar design will make you hear things you won't with a direct radiating design.. jm2cents

© Axiom Message Boards