Axiom Home Page
Posted By: snakeyes axiom audition list - 12/06/04 11:16 PM
i know ive seen it here before but can anyone point me in the direction of the list of axiom owners willing to have auditions at there home.
thx Jake
Posted By: Wid Re: axiom audition list - 12/06/04 11:18 PM
Here it is.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/07/04 01:54 AM
Thx no one close to me though
Posted By: Ray3 Re: axiom audition list - 12/07/04 02:15 AM
Drop Amie an email; she can usually hook you up.
Posted By: Wid Re: axiom audition list - 12/07/04 02:27 AM

Even if you have to travel a little Axioms are worth the time in my opinion.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/07/04 02:29 AM
actually i did email her hoping to find someone a little closer
Posted By: SirQuack Re: axiom audition list - 12/07/04 04:38 AM
What part of NY, do you live in snakeyes? I think there is a Long Island person, and a Rochester person that are Axiom owners. Maybe a nearby state?

ps: got your PM, glad I could help, good luck...
Posted By: Ray3 Re: axiom audition list - 12/07/04 02:59 PM
I AM the Rochester guy and if you can deal with the 3 1/2 hour drive, I'd be happy to see you show up. The Axioms are worth the drive AND you get the added bene of an SVS 20-39 PCi.

As an alternattive, try and find a local high end store that handles B&W speakers. Their 703s sound virtually identical to the M60s, but the MSRP of the 703s is $3,000.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: axiom audition list - 12/07/04 03:16 PM
I thought you were the Rochester guy, just couldn't remember. Well maybe he'll decide to make a road trip out of it I agree about your B&W statements. When I was looking around, B&W 700 series was top of my list as my brother in law owns a recording studio and that is all he has ever used. Now he is looking at his checkbook and listening with his ears and wondering, hmmmm, this Axiom stuff is pretty top notch...

Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 02:46 AM
according to mapquest its a 4-5 hour drive thats pretty far i could just drive to atlantic city instead lol. Is there anything else to do in Rochester area that it might be worth getting a hotel room for ( not that your HT alone is not worth it)? anyway i may consider though i am 80% confident without the audition. also ray what equipment are you pushing the axioms with?
Posted By: bridgman Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 02:56 AM
It's too bad the ferry shut down or you could go from Rochester to Toronto and have a whole bunch of Axiomites to visit with.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 03:32 AM
just click on anyone's name and you can get their bio, below is Ray3's:

Sony 50XBR800
Sony HD200 Sat
Denon AVR-3803
Denon DVD-2900
Denon DVM-4800 (5-disk)
M60 fronts
VP100 center
QS8 surrounds
SVS 20-39 PCi
MX-700 Remote
Blue Jeans Cables interconnects
Posted By: Ray3 Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 03:06 PM
Thanks, Randy.

Jacob, as you can see I have the 3803. However, I previously used an 1803 and it was more than enough receiver. I got the 3803 due to a combination of a killer deal, ability to act as a pre/pro if I wanted to add an amp, a bit more power, and, most importantly, upgrade-itis, bragging rights and testosterone level enhancement.

As far as "things to do in Rochester if you're dead", that's redundant. It's a great place to raise a family, but it is NOT an entertainment mecca by any means. We do have the Finger Lakes wine country about 45 minutes SE, but otherwise we specialize in cold and gray. Also have all 4 seasons - June, July, August and winter. Too bad we didn't have this conversation a couple of months ago - I could have taken you out for a little golf. Also, based on my experience with Mapquest, I'm guessing the drive is closer to 4 hours than 5.

Did you not have any luck with Amie finding someone a bit closer for you? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have you come up, but the density of the population in your neck of the woods would suggest SOMEONE has Axioms closer to you. Also, did you look at any listings in states adjoining NY? You might find something within a couple of hours.
Posted By: Zarak Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 05:17 PM
The ferry is shutdown? Didn't it just open recently? Or is it only open during the warm months?
Posted By: BBIBH Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 06:07 PM
I believe it was lack of interest and funding on the Toronto side.....
Posted By: Ray3 Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 06:10 PM
What an embarrassment the whole ferry saga is. It started with the guys delivering it hitting a dock in NYC and delaying delivery for a month. Clearly, this was a ready-fire-aim approach as Toronto didn't agree to participate with money until after the ferry showed up, their facility wasn't ready (still isn't), there was a Custom's snafu that precluded the ability of the ferry hauling trucks (planned majoe revenue source) and then they ran out of money and the whole operation went bankrupt. We're talking a 5 month span here. Upon bankruptcy, a cadre of U.S. Marshalls lived on the boat 24/7 "guarding" it. In the last couple of weeks, a panic bailout proposed by the Mayor (dipstick that he is) for $40 Million in taxpayer money fell through. Too bad - I REALLY wanted to pour my cash into this money pit. The ferry is now in foreclosure and will be auctioned off. Our government at work.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 06:14 PM
noone closer. she said that list was current. good call on checking pa and ct nj i will do that as well. thanks for all who posted
Posted By: Zarak Re: axiom audition list - 12/08/04 08:03 PM
I'm in PA near Philly, if that is any closer.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/09/04 02:05 AM
thx for the offer its really the 60's im most interested in but there is a guy in jersey im trying to get intouch with about an hour and a half away
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/11/04 06:02 AM
Pattenburg,NJ - M60s, VP150, QS8s - JSkip
i sent this guy a pm but no answer does anyone know if he still frequents the board?
Posted By: JohnK Re: axiom audition list - 12/11/04 08:18 AM
Jacob, if you do a search by username on him, you'll find that John last posted about two weeks ago on the Christmas CD thread. So, he probably will catch your PM in a bit.
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/11/04 03:08 PM
Thx im just being impatient
Posted By: buckcrazy Re: axiom audition list - 12/12/04 03:18 PM
no one in vancouver area
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/14/04 03:43 AM
Jskip has responded and im gonna check them out thx for the help guys
Posted By: Kootenay_Audio Re: axiom audition list - 12/14/04 03:53 AM
buckcrazy, If your talking about VAN , BC. I know there is a guy in Richmond and a guy in Port Coqitlam. I've read thier posts here before.
K_A
Posted By: buckcrazy Re: axiom audition list - 12/14/04 03:45 PM
yes i would love to hear these in the tricity area of B.C canada so please pass me the contact info of the good people thanks
Posted By: Kootenay_Audio Re: axiom audition list - 12/14/04 03:54 PM
The guy in Richmond is 1madman1. I just did a search for Richmond. Maybe do a search for any town in greater Van.
K_A
Posted By: Kootenay_Audio Re: axiom audition list - 12/14/04 03:58 PM
Also, there is the guy from Port Coquitlam on the home page with the M80 Ht system. Maybe ask Axiom if you can make contact with him.
K_A
Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/19/04 09:43 PM
** Update ** John (jskip) was nice enough to let me come down intrude on his nice family on a sunday & audition his axioms. Thanks again John! Wow i was very impressed with the axioms i was already convinced without hearing them now i cant wait. One thing that suprised me was how much bass the m60's had (john does not have a sub yet see his post in Advice from Axiom Owners). It really sounded good though it will be improved with the sub i was still very impressed with the lowend. It was great though to see and hear them in person. Thanks again John p.s. i can not wait to get these and allow future axiom buyers audition them at my house this really is a great community. Jake
Posted By: JSkip Re: axiom audition list - 12/19/04 11:00 PM
Jake, you're welcome. I enjoyed it also. It was nice to talk to another HT dude. I'm happy that seeing and hearing the M60's will your decision easier. I'll look forward to hearing your updates as you put together what sounds like a great HT system.

Happy Holidays.

P.S. Jake, thanks for the Bourne Supremacy DVD. It's very appreciated. John

Posted By: snakeyes Re: axiom audition list - 12/20/04 12:39 AM
No Prob
© Axiom Message Boards