Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fosterdc Need Help Deciding Between M22i and M60i - 12/21/04 02:12 PM
Hello,

I'll be using the speakers as a two channel system with a Denon 2105, at least for now. I primarily listen to classical and light rock. My room size is about 30' X 15' X 8' that opens up to a dining room that's 15' X 15' X 8'. My current assignment has me living in an apartment. This, coupled with the fact that I have two small children, requires the volume to be kept at low levels. That's really what I'm concerned about - will the M60is sound good even at low volume? Thanks for your input!
Posted By: ringmir Re: Need Help Deciding Between M22i and M60i - 12/21/04 02:20 PM
My M60s sound great even at low volume, of course they sound good enough that I want to turn them up

But seriously, for a room that size I would go with the M60s. If you want music back in the dining room for instance, you've got a lot of space to fill in order to get moderate volume there.
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm ready to take the plunge!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Need Help Deciding Between M22i and M60i - 12/21/04 03:22 PM
Yes, in a room that size, if you have the space, I think the 60s would better serve you. As for listening at low volume, that's where the Axioms really shine. Because of their exceptional clarity, you can listen at low volumes and hear everything in the mix really well. With lesser speakers, the tendency is to crank it up in order to hear the entire mix. I'm an old guy and listen at low volumes frequently. Or, maybe I listen at volumes louder than I realize, and because of the balance of the 60s, I just THINK I'm listening at low volumes.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Need Help Deciding Between M22i and M60i - 12/21/04 04:59 PM
What Andy and Jack said.
m60's hands down.
*broken record mode on*

M60's. That room is too large for the M22's.

*broken record mode off*

Posted By: joema Re: Need Help Deciding Between M22i and M60i - 12/25/04 10:34 PM
You didn't mention a subwoofer. M22s are fine but I wouldn't use them without a sub. To me, that's mandatory. Even at lower volume levels it will make a big difference. Axiom's EP125 is nice and small.

M22s plus a sub vs M60s and no sub is a tough decision. Both sound great.
© Axiom Message Boards