Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Rolyasm Anyone in Utah like to Audition Axiom? - 01/04/05 06:51 AM
Hello,
I live around Salt Lake City, Utah and would love to demo some Axioms. I have about 6 months before my house is built and my HT done, so I need to get moving on components. So far I like the Def. Techs 7000 series, going to check out B & W manana. If anyone close, even Wyoming or Nevada has some axioms and doesn't mind a stranger sitting on your Captain's chair, please drop me an e-mail. I am looking at the M60 package, though I might build my own sub. Thanks in advance.
Rolyasm@yahoo.com
Matt
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in Utah like to Audition Axiom? - 01/04/05 03:01 PM
Well I don't see anybody listed in Utah in the "Auditioning Axioms" forum under the Questions and Answers area. Are you close to any of the nearby states?

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=first&Number=12763&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=
Posted By: Ajax Re: Anyone in Utah like to Audition Axiom? - 01/04/05 04:02 PM
Though I cannot attest to this myself, and while there are some who disagree, several here feel that the B&W 703s and the Axiom M60s sound very much alike, but are very much different in price. If you're going to listen to B&Ws today, see if you can get a listen to the 703s. They should give you a basic idea what the M60s sound like.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in Utah like to Audition Axiom? - 01/04/05 04:07 PM
Totally agree Jack, I demoed B&W, NHT, Klipsch, and Axiom. I think the M60's are very close if not better than the 703's, in my humble opinion. And if you consider the cost, you can't go wrong. Also, my brother inlaw owns a professional recording studio here in Des Moines, he has always been a B&W man, I think I about have him converted. He was amazed at my M60's recently as we listened to a CD his band just recorded..

Posted By: Rolyasm Re: Anyone in Utah like to Audition Axiom? - 01/05/05 05:55 PM
So I went and listened to some B & W 703's yesterday. Nice speaker, but a little Siblilance, if that is the correct term. The "s" sounds were very bright. Are these speakers (703 & Axiom 60's) more for music or Home Theater? I still haven't found anyone to demo them for me. Might just have to finish the HT, order some, and return them if they don't suffice. Thanks for the feedback.
Rolyasm
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Anyone in Utah like to Audition Axiom? - 01/05/05 07:33 PM
I am firmly of the belief that if speakers are good for music, they will be good for home theatre. The brightness you describe could be ascribed to the combination of source material and accuracy of the speakers. Some people don't like this and opt for more laid back speakers (god, I hate using stereotypical audio terms); in other words, speakers that are a little rolled off on the high treble. An example in the Axiom line would be the M50s.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Anyone in Utah like to Audition Axiom? - 01/05/05 08:23 PM
My M60's sound great for music and HT with my Denon 2805. I hear things I never heard before with my old speakers....
© Axiom Message Boards