Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TKHanson Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 05:53 AM
Everyone: I hate asking for what could be perceived as a lame request, but it never stopped me before.

My wife largest concern with me buying Axiom speakers...now get ready for a shocker....is their appearance in our family room; its true, many women really care about such things....

Anyway, my request is to anyone who feels charitable and willing to assist, would you please take a picture, two or more, of your M60s or M80s--with grills ON. Any such photos that would help me show my wife what they look like in a home. I'm not asking for photos of your entire room, nor HT. More, I'm asking if anyone is willing to take some semi close shots and some that are just far enough away to truly represent their aesthetic design. If I could have my choice, I'd be hoping for several photos--taken in good lighting--from about 3 to 4 feed. Some from head level; some from the level of the speaker; some from 10 feet away to see how they "blend" into the room.

Now before you suggest I check out the pictures on this web site, let me say I believe what Axiom displays are quite one dimensional. They really don't give the prospective buyer a true feel for what their speakers look like in a room. As I know many of us have seen, some vendors have paid bucks to have their speakers photographed in an expensive room with excellent lighting. At least that effort assists in deciding process of the "significant other". Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Axiom in the slightest. They are not in the business to make a near perfect web site. I just need a bit more support to ensure my boss that they won't distract from the rest of the room (wink, wink).

Since I want quality photos, please email them to th5512@hotmail.com. That way, I can collect them all and show the wife what they truly WILL look like.

Thanks in advance,

TKHanson
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 06:08 AM
I don't think your request is out of line at all. In fact, if I had M60s or M80s I'd be taking pictures of them for you right now. Of course, my wife would roll her eyes, but she's (mostly) harmless (at this momemt).
Posted By: SeanF Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 06:09 AM
Barring anyone else responding - check out the following

http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallofame.html

Sean
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 06:13 AM
Is she asleep or something?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 06:21 AM
I've got pics of the M50s (and M22s) here. They're somewhat similar. The finish on the M50s is Vermont Maple; the M22s are Boston Cherry.
Posted By: bray Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 06:36 AM
I e-mailed one to you.
Let me know if you get it.
TK:
I agree regarding the photos on the website. I'm biased (my background is in photography) but I really wasn't getting a great sense of the finishes or cabinet shape from the web.

Let me say first that the speakers are, as many others have said, better looking in person than on the site. Second, my HT is somewhat taken apart right now, but I was planning on photographing it tomorrow anyway. I have M60s in Beech with black grills. I'd be happy to take some extra photos for you. E-mail me and let me know if you want them for printing or viewing on your monitor and whether or not you have a high-speed connection.
TK- i will just post them here instead of e-mailing them to you. i know you regulars have seen these a million times, but i still like to show them off every once and a while

these M60's have custom cabinets in the classic oak w/burnt sienna grills.. keep in mind, my entertainment center is HUGE, so they make the 60's look small. the camera flash also made the grills look kinda pink, but they arent.

hope those help you out..

bigjohn
TK- isn't it weird how women want this kind of stuff to "match the room" or not "clash with the decor"? bizarre... anyhow here's a couple of pics of my m-60s with the standard boston cherry with the black grilles. please excuse the random spots, it seems like im overdue to clean the lens of my camera! of course now i'm opening myself to ridicule for still having bunny ears and a vp-150 thats friggin bigger than my tv!
In reply to:

of course now i'm opening myself to ridicule for still having bunny ears and a vp-150 thats friggin bigger than my tv!

Yes you are. What were you thinking???? I thought my tv needed replacing...geesh!

Posted By: LT61 Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 07:38 PM
More: "deep thoughts by LT61".......WHY, does such a manly man, like Big John, show us his custom pink grilles,.....and then say the "flash makes them LOOK that way......the other colors look correct.
Just one of those things that make you go.....hmmmmmmmm.

LT
yeah, youre preachin to the choir! long story short, the new home theater was my "reward"/compromise for not getting the '05 Mustang that i've been preppin' the wife for for years. but she put the foot down for getting the 50-in. plamsa this year, so ive just gotta bite my tongue till christmas. on the plus side, the picture is really good for being an old tv
In reply to:

WHY, does such a manly man, like Big John, show us his custom pink grilles

well, i actually wanted something closer to a pepto-bismol pink, but this was the closest they had..

bigjohn
I said the words!

PS: My tv is small too, 27" (not so small the vp150 hangs over though)... But I've been looking into a projector. I don't really watch much TV, so for me to plunk down the money for a big tv doesn't make sense. I can get a pretty sweet projector for 2k, and with my movie watching habits the bulb should last 3 years or so at least. (which is more than the life of some of the new tvs out...)

Edit: I should add that I know I'm going to move around a bunch in the next year or two, so I don't want to accumulate too many more large items... I already have plenty. Projectors are nice and small.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 08:07 PM
bigjohn - the important thing is that those grilles make you FEEL pretty.

Ashley - WHAT is that pimple on your VP150's a$$?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 08:59 PM
You must have a rather wide 27" TV. The VP150 is about an inch wider than my 27".
Indeed, it's basically the exact with of my TV, it's a zenith from maybe 96 or so... Now, just because it doesn't hang over doesn't mean it looks "normal". It's still way oversized given the TV, which I will replace, just not until I have settled down in a more permanent location.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 09:06 PM
Wait, wait, wait. I've got a 27" Zenith from 1998! It's got to be the same model. Curvy front, speaker grills are trapezoids with the angle pointing towards the middle? Maybe Axiom's size on the VP150 is wrong on the website... The mind boggles.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 09:18 PM
is this a contest on who has the oldest TV???

RCA 28" from 1990.....can you guess I don't watch much TV??? It is a good tv IMHO!!!
Posted By: MrBill Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 10:32 PM
Here's my M80's - the other gear is all so big that the 80's look a little lost!

Posted By: koiman Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 10:42 PM
Here is my M80ti,s and the gang..

Hope this worked..
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 10:47 PM
NICE setup. Lots of hard surfaces, though. What's it sound like?
Posted By: MrBill Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 10:50 PM
In reply to:

Lots of hard surfaces, though. What's it sound like?

I get this question a lot from people who look at the pictures. It sounds great . . . which probably is because all the walls are adobe brick which is very soft and sound absorbant. This brick with the hard floor seems to play very well!
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 10:53 PM
Good lord! I just looked at the pictures again! TWO PC-Ultras? You're a brave man.
Posted By: MrBill Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 11:03 PM
In reply to:

TWO PC-Ultras?

It's a BIG room, and since we're 90% HT, I wanted to do justice to the movie's sound! FWIW, the pair of Ultras handles the room well - I find that they even do the job of bass shakers during scenes with explosions, Darla tapping the fish tank, etc!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/07/05 11:06 PM
Bill - that is a GREAT looking setup. Very handsome. How do you like your MX-700? My brother lives in the northeast corner of the suburban area of Tucson, not far from the foothills of the mountains up there. It's about 4-5 miles from where they ply the PGA tournament every year. West Calle Concordia?? Are you nearby?

Lee - I have studied your pictures at great length. They are only 2 dimensional, so I will limit my input to floor space. I believe that if you approached the planning with due diligence, you would be able to arrange that room and squeeze three.. not make that FOUR more M80s AND an EP500 into that room .
Gone to the gym and this thread gets tons of action...

Sounds like my Zenith alright, but the 150 sits pretty much exactly on the top of it. It's actually on another TV right now (one of my roomate's TVs that is now in the livingroom) but when it was on mine it went edge to edge.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 12:15 AM
Guys, Don't spend a bundle on an HDTV yet. True Hi Def TVs, i.e. 1080p, will be debuting this year, albeit at prices outa MY range for sure. But, you know it won't be long before smaller and less expensive versions hit the market.
Posted By: bray Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 12:21 AM
Everytime I try to open that link my web browser crashes.
Posted By: Wid Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 12:23 AM

The link works here.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 12:37 AM
I'm sorry Bray. It's working fine for me. Try this.

Go here.

Under "Today's Top Stories," the headline will change every 10 seconds. Wait until the headline reads "CES 2005," and then click the "Read More" button. Or click on the number "1" which will bring up the correct headline.

The "Just In - Get Every Pixel of HDTV" story is the one I tried to link to. Hope that'll work for you.
Posted By: bray Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 12:50 AM
That doesnt work either. The page almost completely loads then the web browser crashes. I'll do a restart and see if that helps.
Posted By: bray Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 01:28 AM
That worked.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 01:33 AM
Oh Good! Sometimes a reboot can work miracles.
that reboot thing reminded me of this microsoft car its pretty funny. characteristic 2 is why brays post reminded me of it.
Posted By: MrBill Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 03:02 AM
In reply to:

How do you like your MX-700?

It's the best remote I've ever used - there isn't even a close second! But, if you are thinking about getting one, get the new MX-850 instead. Essentially the 850 is the 700, but with a better select button, better back lighting, and optional RF control.

In reply to:

My brother lives in the northeast corner of the suburban area of Tucson, not far from the foothills of the mountains up there. It's about 4-5 miles from where they ply the PGA tournament every year. West Calle Concordia?? Are you nearby?

I've been in Tucson for less than a year, so I'm still learning my way around. I live less than a mile from the Tucson Country Club, which I think is where the PGA tournament is played. If you have a Tucson map, we are about 1/2 mile NW of the intersection of Sabino Canyon and Tanque Verde, which puts us about 4-5 miles from the foothills!

- Bill

Bill, I LOVED Tucson when I visited there several years ago. It is my dream place to live at the moment.

Don't get Ray started on the MX-700. He's made everyone he knows buy one already. He's just looking for more groupies.
Posted By: mwc Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 03:55 AM
I bought my MX-700 before Ray went on his brainwashing campaign but he sure does make me feel good about my purchase.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 06:14 PM
LOL!!! . Yeah Bill, your comment was about what I was expecting relative to the MX-700. It's interesting how overwhelmingly positive owners are about this thing.

I'll see if I can pull a map together and figure out if you are near my brother. Next time I visit, maybe we can get together.
Man, what do you do for a living? You must be loaded - Im starting school for Automotive repair on the 17th, but honestly, I just wanna be rich. What does everyone do in this board?
IT and Home automation.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/08/05 11:23 PM
Check this thread. Feel free to add to it so we can get all the new folks to add to it too.
Posted By: MrBill Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/09/05 02:18 PM
In reply to:

what do you do for a living? You must be loaded

I'm not rich, just comfortable. I'm a 60-year old retired computer programmer. By the time you're retired, if you haven't earned enough to have your own house and a state of the art home theater, then you've definitely made some mistakes in your life! /
Posted By: MrBill Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/09/05 02:35 PM
In reply to:

your comment was about what I was expecting relative to the MX-700. It's interesting how overwhelmingly positive owners are about this thing.

My BIG gripe is the select button, which I've reassigned to the ENT button at the lower right of the 700. As soon as I see a good price on the 850, I'll probably buy one and sell the 700 on eBay - all this hassle just to get a proper select button!

In reply to:

Next time I visit, maybe we can get together.

Sounds fine to me! My E-mail address is public on this forum, send me a message before your next visit.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/09/05 03:00 PM
In reply to:

I'm a 60-year old....

Bill, you have no idea how glad I am to hear that! I'm only 59!
Jack- CONGRATS!! youre not the OLDEST fogey around here!!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/09/05 05:29 PM
Ash - I'd be careful. The Fogey Army grows daily. If you keep agitating us, there will be consequences. Right after our naps.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/09/05 05:49 PM
PM me first before you sell the 700 on eBay, if you wouldn't mind!
Posted By: MrBill Re: Simple Request - Pictures of M60s or M80s - 01/09/05 07:15 PM
In reply to:

PM me first before you sell the 700 on eBay

PM is on the way to you . . .

and a little closer look:

- D
Thanks for all of you who graciously took the time to take pictures of your speakers. It has helped in the process--at least in the persuasion column. And an extra thanks for those of you who sent me HQ pictures to my email.

© Axiom Message Boards