Axiom Home Page
Hi Guys, looking for someone in Vancouver area who can give me a little run down on axiom speakers any help will be appriciated thanks.
Are any of these folks close enough:
Canada

Calgary, AB - VP150 + Q4 + M3 (cup)
Edmonton, AB - M60Ti, VP100, QS8, EP350, M22Ti (SeanF)
Winnipeg, MB - M60s, QS8s, VP150, EP350 (chesseroo)

Barrie, ON - M60s, QS8s, VP150 (Daphoid)
Kitchener, ON - M80s (Real80sman)
Ottawa, ON - M50s, VP100 (Craig_P)
Whitby, ON - M60,VP150,QS8. (pizoni)

Montreal, QB - M22s + VP100 + QS8's (Octav)

Regina, SK - Epic Grand Master (Lexxen)
Saskatoon, SK - M60s, VP150, QS8s - (sidvicious02)
Don't think those are going to work. Calgary is closest and it's about 600 miles. Nice drive though.

Upstate Washington would be a lot closer. Seattle is a 2-1/2 hr drive vs. 9 hrs for Calgary. I think we have a couple of recent owners in Vancouver so keep your fingers crossed for a response.

I live in Toronto and used to pick my wife up at the airport every Friday. Sure enough, every week there would be someone who flew into Toronto and was looking for a cab or shuttle bus to Vancouver.

It's about 3000 miles
Yeah, funny isn't it?

I was in Lake Placid over the holidays skiing Whiteface. In the gondola, we mentioned we were from Toronto, and we were asked why we did not drive over to Whistler? They did not believe us when we said it was about 3000 miles! They thought Canada was a small country! When I pointed out it is larger in area than the continental US, and second only to the area once called the USSR.....blank looks!

We also cam across people who asked if we have paved roads, malls, and why we would live in a place were July had snowfalls. It was -15 F, and someone suggested that "You must be enjoying this heat wave from your normal temperatures"!!!

No offense intended to thse UNLESS you actually believe the above items to be true!

IMO
I seem to recall that Jag is in western BC somewhere. You might send him a PM.
I recently drove from Seattle to Vancouver. Not a bad drive and much less than 600 miles. You could set up an audition with tomtuttle, if he'll have you.
des - don't they film Stargate SG-1 up there? If they do and you agree to feed me for a few days, I'll bring my Axioms up there.

On a more serious note, try and find some B&W 703s locally. They sound almost identical to the M60s. That will at least give you a feel.
In reply to:

On a more serious note, try and find some B&W 703s locally. They sound almost identical to the M60s. That will at least give you a feel.

No wonder people pay big bux for 'em!

Off to audition some.....
I've got a pair of M22Tis and M2is in Richmond, BC if you want to have a listen. Bad room accoustics though .
Good one, Mark. Even Peter didn't catch it.
This one is for my neighbour in Richmond, email me your contact info at bgrewal@gmail.com and if i get them i promise i will give out demos at my house on my off days.thanks for all the input folks.
Email sent. Just keep in mind, really bad accoustics here. (the room is square!)
© Axiom Message Boards