Axiom Home Page
Posted By: COACH2369 Custom Speaker Stands... who can help?? - 01/11/05 04:41 AM
I have a pair ot M60's by Axiom Auidio that I am trying to find a pair of speaker stands for. The speakers are 9.25 x 15 and I am having a heck of a time locating a pair that will fit my speakers. I would like to have them 6" - 8" off the ground. If there is anybody on this forum who can assist me in finding a set of speaker stands, please let me know. I live in Cincinnati, OH and I would be willing to pay somebody to build me a pair of stands that would look good in my system.

Thank you in advance.

Coach.
Posted By: SeanF Re: Custom Speaker Stands... who can help?? - 01/11/05 04:48 AM
Here is one source - the smallest stand they make is 18" but they could be cut down to fit. Radio Shack used to make a presswood stand for mains that were about 10" but I haven't seen any of those for awhile. Hope you can find a master carpenter and get something custom built.

Crutchfield

Sean

I intend to build a set. I had my M80’s sitting on the fireplace hearth for a few days and preferred them higher (about 14”). They just looked tacky on the hearth, or they would have stayed. I don’t spend a whole lot of time sitting, I’m usually puttering around the house or entertaining guests that are milling about aimlessly. But I also preferred them higher when I would sit down.

I am going to copy the Rocket stands to some degree. Instead of an oval base like the Rocket stands, I will make them wedge shaped out of hardwood, and then stain them to match the speakers.

http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=19.1

Posted By: Ajax Re: Custom Speaker Stands... who can help?? - 01/11/05 05:51 PM
Pics are REQUIRED when you finish them.
Posted By: Huwonk Re: Custom Speaker Stands... who can help?? - 01/11/05 11:17 PM
How about these?

http://www.racksandstands.com/prods/Wood-Technology/FGH-8E-FGH-8O/0PWT0075.htm

Posted By: Ned Re: Custom Speaker Stands... who can help?? - 01/12/05 07:40 AM
Or maybe ........ standsandmounts.com
© Axiom Message Boards