Axiom Home Page
Posted By: koiman Stand Adheasive - 01/14/05 12:45 AM
What do most of you folks use to attach your M22ti's to the stands.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/14/05 12:58 AM
BlueTak
Posted By: dmn23 Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/14/05 01:00 AM
My stands came with a handful of small (maybe a cm square) rubber bumpers that adhere to the top plate and keep the speakers from scratching against the metal of the plate. I thought I'd have to use some sort of adhesive, but what I've found is that over time the weight of the speakers kind of squishes into and bonds with the rubber all by itself. They're certainly not impossible to tip over, but harder than you'd think.
Posted By: misfit Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/14/05 11:43 PM
I did the exact same thing as the guy above... works great!!
Posted By: Ned Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/15/05 01:40 AM
I have another brand bookshelf that rests on drops of cooled hot melt glue. Guess it would really tighten things up to reset the speaker when the glue is still hot..which should still release with a bit of force.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/15/05 02:39 AM
I use anti-slip web... not sure what the stuff is called... it's an expanded mesh made out of some kind of foam rubber used to secure rugs to hardwood floors... the other half bought some to cure my morning Silver Surfer ritual while getting out of bed onto the damn placemats (er, rugs) by the side of the bed... tried it between the M3s and SS24s and it's worked great... it's not adhesive, works off the natural foam-rubber friction goodness.

Bren R.
Posted By: jorge016 Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/15/05 03:50 AM
Bren - your Silver Surfer comment made me blow a mouthful of pretty decent bourbon out my nose. I spent the first few years of my married life doing the same thing. Hardwood floors and placemats suck in the bedroom (especially now when it's 20 degrees below F.
Posted By: AshBoomstick Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/15/05 03:54 PM
funny that you guys mention it, i pulled a Norrin Rad coming out into my living room this morning. it's a good thing im not old like Jack or i woulda broke a hip!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Stand Adheasive - 01/15/05 04:36 PM
Punk kid! I don't get no respect 'round here.
© Axiom Message Boards