Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jorge016 RCA Cable - 01/21/05 09:42 PM
Has anyone had any experience making their own RCA patch cable. Rat Shack has some decent looking RCA interconnects, but not much for cable. I'm most interested in hearing what you may have used for cable.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: RCA Cable - 01/21/05 09:44 PM
If you want a sturdy one, you could use coax. That's pretty what's used on my bluejeans component cable.
Posted By: JohnK Re: RCA Cable - 01/22/05 02:52 AM
Mike, it isn't entirely clear to me what you need. An interconnect is a cable, and RadioShack does have RCA patch cables/interconnects in various lengths. Could you describe what functions, lengths, etc. you'll be doing?
Posted By: jorge016 Re: RCA Cable - 01/22/05 04:38 AM
John, my local Rat Shack has nothing shorter than 6' except the Monster Cable which is too pricey. I need 3' patch cables to connect the VCR and cable box. I'm not looking for spendy cables, but would like something a little more than the lightweight ones that come with the VCR for example.
Posted By: JohnK Re: RCA Cable - 01/22/05 06:51 AM
Mike, although some apparently think that the cables that are included with some components were all manufactured by the Crappy Company, it's just nonsense, and especially for runs as short as 3' they and just about anything else that looks like a wire work very well. If you can't find it locally you'll have to try online(and get into some shipping charges). Parts Express has a nice selection from about $2 up, and in my view nothing higher than their Dayton line should be necessary.
Posted By: CosmicVoyager Re: RCA Cable - 01/22/05 04:04 PM
This might help. here The page is slow, but it does provide a good DIY method. Good luck
© Axiom Message Boards