Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nitrojiber You guys better be right! - 01/27/05 10:41 PM
Two weeks ago I became a very happy owner of a pair of m22s and a vp150 center (I already own a svs 20-39+ sub and wharedale surrounds). I found the 22s to be so much more detailed, and so much more enjoyable to listen to than my old Home Theater Direct Level 3 speakers. All was good -- but then all you sadistic freaks kept posting about how great the m60s are... Geez, the m60s are twice the price! OK, so I orderded them today. I make a solemn oath to never read these message boards again after my M60s get here, so please don't tell me how great the M80s are. My kids need to eat you know!

Posted By: Engine_Joe Re: You guys better be right! - 01/27/05 10:49 PM
Hee hee!

You'll love the M60s, I swear. Don't worry about the M80s... I think most of us have M60s as opposed to M80s, so while I think most folk are fans, there's less of a desire to 'get you up to speed,' so to speak.

And you always have your 30 days if you regret it later (unlikely!).

Congrats!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 12:44 AM
you will definitely dig the 60's.

now go feed the kids..

bigjohn
Posted By: SeanF Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 01:41 AM
I have the M-22's and the M60's and enjoy them both very much. Did you upgrade or are you keeping the M-22's

Sean
Posted By: SirQuack Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 01:51 AM
As Spicolli once said "Those M60's totally rock Mr. Hand"

Unless you can drive 4 ohm speakers like the 80's, get the 60's and don't look back.

Randy

Mansfield Beech M60's VP150 EP350 4-Qs8's
Denon 2805
Posted By: bridgman Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 03:22 AM
Don't worry, hardly anyone upgrades from 60s to 80s, seriously. Now let's talk about those surrounds

Enjoy !!
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 12:33 PM
Ah ha, nitrojiber, I feel your pain. I bought three M3's for the fronts over three years ago while living in a smaller house-then we moved to a larger house-M50's were our obvious answer. To help fill the new house, our youngest daughter gave us her four kids! They too like to eat! I have an advantage though; no upgrade past the M50! So I can keep on reading these posts for ever and ever,and ever.
Posted By: nitrojiber Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 02:19 PM
Yes I know that the surrounds are the weak link -- but they will have to hold me or awhile. I have been eyeing the QS8s, but I really thought it would be strange have my surrounds cost more than my mains (the m22s)!
Posted By: Ajax Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 03:16 PM
No one can say for certain, but perhaps, once you hear the QS8s, it just may not seem so strange.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 03:52 PM
I used to use some Infinity bookshelf speakers for my surrounds, and thought hey pretty cool sounding, but when I upgraded to Qs8's, my whole interpretation of what true surround is all about changed. Unbelievable....
Posted By: BlueStater Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 09:09 PM
I bought the M22's and I love them. I know what you mean though- the constant praise from the M60 Posse certainly raises the FUD level. I swear I'm going to have to start taking Seconal to help me get to sleep at night because of this. As far as the QS8's: They are truly amazing. I get flat out paranoid watching movies with these. Sounds coming at you from everywhere.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 10:03 PM
In reply to:

the M60 Posse certainly raises the FUD level

Well, Mark, Sheriff Bigjohn axed me to mosey on over heah to see if'n we could persuade you - friendly like - to make a commitment to the M60 cause. You know, I'm sure your family would be right appreciative to feel that sort of love. I reckon we'd hate to have to round up the rest of the posse to explain it to you in greater detail.

Y'all give it some thought. I know you'll be able to come up with the right answer. Within the 30 day period and all.
Posted By: BlueStater Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 11:44 PM
LOL. Geez. She tried the M22's and they were too small. She tried the M80's and they were too big. Then she tried the M60's and they were juuuust right. Ever see Tombstone? Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holliday was outstanding. In the matter of the M60 Posse I refer to Dr. Holliday:

"You're my huckleberry."
Posted By: mwc Re: You guys better be right! - 01/28/05 11:58 PM
"You're a daisy if you do!"
Posted By: pmbuko Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 12:19 AM
"I'm your huckleberry." -- explained.

Amazing what you can learn on the internets.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 04:18 AM
Oh-oh guys, watch out at the Ok corral for the new M50 posse, they're out to get you surrounded; two M50s with an M3 up front plus four M3s out back in direct fire mode. (one example of how to be outgunned-there are others)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 04:23 AM
Hey Mark, you mentioned on another thread how you stay up at night wondering about what might have been (M60's). Add to that nightmare 4 Qs8's. Talk about virtual audio reality.

Randy

M60's VP150 EP350 4 count em 4-Qs8's
Denon 2805

Posted By: joema Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 05:09 AM
Nitrojiber, please post your review when you get the M60s. I think you'll be very happy with them.
Posted By: BlueStater Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 05:46 AM
From what I've read, you want something more directional for the rear "6 and 7" speakers. M3's, perhaps?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 12:14 PM
Right you are,three or four M3s for surround, plus their obvious counterparts up front; two M50s main, with an inverted M3 for center. Now there is a well matched system, Right? And the M3s are even noted for their stand-alone nature already. Watch out, the M50 posse is gonna gitcha!
Posted By: snippy Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 05:21 PM
All these speaker posses are beginning to remind me of the scene in Anchorman where all the different News teams stand off against one another.

"I killed a man with a trident"
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: You guys better be right! - 01/29/05 05:41 PM
Now that's scary; I ride a Trident, bought it back in '73.
Posted By: nitrojiber Re: You guys better be right! - 02/01/05 03:48 AM
Well I got my m60s last Friday, and now I can honestly say that my chronic case of upgraditis has been cured. So I guess I can trust you guys on this forum! You were right!

I don't have the time (or the patient) to do an in depth comparison on the m22 and the m60, but I do want to offer a few quick observations.

The m60 definitely maintains the pristine clarity of the m22 (something I was worried about) while adding heck of a lot more punch in the lower frequencies. They also seem to blend much easier with my sub, making it much more harder to localize. Imaging between the two are practically identical, but the soundstage of the m60 is bigger and more enveloping (duh, no surprise there). For movies, I can say that the differences were not so pronounced. The m22s did a good job of equaling the m60s. OK -- so the question is, 'are the m60's worth twice the price of the m22s'? That's tough to say, but for me the answer is yes. I no longer feel the need to look for something 'better'. I was VERY impressed with the m22s, but now I am compleely satisfied with the m60.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: You guys better be right! - 02/01/05 02:11 PM
great to hear nitro.. glad the 60's are everything you want them to be.

so now, what happens to the 22's?

bigjohn
Posted By: lomb7 Re: You guys better be right! - 02/01/05 10:44 PM
See what happens when you listen to the crazed group. I'm happy you like the M60's. Have some fun now.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: You guys better be right! - 02/03/05 05:11 AM
Thanks for the concise, candid comments, Chris.

Welcome to the posse.
© Axiom Message Boards