Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 14falcon Anyone using 5 M2's or M3's as surrounds? - 02/02/05 09:17 PM
Anyone ever consider using 5 of the small speakers for surround? If so what were the results?
Wait... 5 surrounds? You have an 8.1 receiver? Or am I missing something here...

Or do you mean three fronts (L, R, and center), plus two surrounds? I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm just trying to get a sense of what you're thinking of doing...
Yup, heard of it on numerous ocassions including twice in on-line publications.
The press review on the M3; "Masters on Audio" has the suggestion of using "5 of 6" of them in a home theater system. Another review listed in "Audiovideoreviews" testing an Athena speaker pair had the tester mention that he uses three pair of M3s in his system. So it,s not unusual.
I had intended doing the same thing til I moved into a larger house and find that M3s are too small for the mains. I'm not completely scrapping the idea however as I'll still be using an M3 as a center channel but will go to M50s for mains and then put four M3s out back in a 7.1 configuration.
At any rate, I believe the answer could be a resounding "Yes"

Yes, your right. I mean as a complete surround system. Two main, center, and two surrounds.
© Axiom Message Boards