Axiom Home Page
Posted By: warfer21 anyone hear of these Axiom speakers? - 02/03/05 09:54 AM
Axiom ct6 bookshelf speaker
Axiom ctc 10 centre channel
Axiom ctc20 centre speaker
Axiom cts100 subwoofer
Axiom ct60 tower speaker

I saw these for sale in a flyer from a ht store in my home-town...
just wonderin' if they are actually Axiom.

I'll head there tomorrow
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: anyone hear of these Axiom speakers? - 02/03/05 11:29 AM
Uh,...maybe they're the new "Axiom Home Theaters" brand new model designators?

Or, maybe not...

Rich
Posted By: Engine_Joe Re: anyone hear of these Axiom speakers? - 02/03/05 12:06 PM
Someone in these forums - bigjohn, maybe? - has the CTC20 center speaker, so I believe that's legit.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: anyone hear of these Axiom speakers? - 02/03/05 04:27 PM
I believe those are the models prior to the current "M" series. I could be wrong though.

Posted By: alan Re: anyone hear of these Axiom speakers? - 02/03/05 04:42 PM
Hi Warfer21,

The CT speakers were a lower-priced Axiom line (no longer manufactured) sold to some Canadian Axiom retailers when Axiom had an extensive Canadian retail network (no longer).

They are quite good value but not in the same league as the Axiom's current premium line. Different drivers, etc. They are similar in sound quality to the Merak line that Axiom built for Radio Shack Canada. But they are NOT comparable in neutrality, transparency and linearity to the current Axiom models.

Regards,
Posted By: warfer21 Re: anyone hear of these Axiom speakers? - 02/03/05 08:07 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Alan!
Posted By: bigjohn Re: anyone hear of these Axiom speakers? - 02/03/05 10:26 PM
i got the ctc-20 as part of a patchwork system i am putting together for my sister. i have the VP150, so when comparing it to that, it was no contest.. the 150 just blew it out of the water. but, my sister has a smaller room, so she is needing something smaller anyway. but, my impressions of the ctc-20 were average. it sounds good, but has a limited sound stage. and seemed, the best way to put it would be airy, like it didnt put snap on the voices and such. it wasnt horrible, but its hard when its competing against the 150, which is what i am used to. my other complaint is that you cant take the grills off..

overall, i think if you can get it at a good price(i did), and you have a small room, then go for it. if you have a room bigger than 175sq ft, then i would say the ctc-20 might disappoint..

just my opinion..

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards