Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Daphoid *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 04:14 AM
Ok I walked into the other side of my room and looked over at my TV and my left M60 was LEANING against my stereo cabinet, if it hadn't been there, it would have been flat on the ground!!

I have no clue how it goe like this... I've discovered that if you take the speaker in both hands, and push it, it will rock from side to side quite easily.... hrm....

Jeez, talk about a shocker! This happened before with teh right one, but that was my friend being a jerk....

Still for heavy speakers you'd think they'd be for firmly rooted to teh ground? *pets speaker*

- D
Posted By: bray Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 04:28 AM
You better not be abusing those M60s or I'm gonna have to call the proper authorities, and have them put in my custody.
Posted By: bridgman Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 02:01 PM
I think the stock question here is "did it fall or was it pushed ?"

I guess the screw-in feet could be moved out a tiny bit futher towards the sides for more stability but my 60s seem pretty stable already. Are you using the spikes or the rubber feet ?
Posted By: mark4583 Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 02:32 PM
I was a little concerned also with my 60's, my house sits on a slab and some areas is a little uneven.
I solved my problem by buildning a set a of stands, it gives them a wider flat base to sit on plus when the vacume cleaner is used or clumsy friends that have to kick every time they get close to them, they hit the stands instead, and with the wider rubber feet they seem to sit more solid.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 02:46 PM
In response to:

Poster: bridgman
Subject: Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER!

I think the stock question here is "did it fall or was it pushed ?"
-------------------------
Don't want to hijack the thread, but are your referring to a good quote from Toy Story? Just wondering if I caught your humor...
Posted By: Wid Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 03:32 PM
I too have a house that's on a concrete slab.I replace the stock spikes with after market spikes from Kalapana Designs and it solved the problem.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 03:34 PM
If it wasn't pushed, are you on carpet or wood floors? Rubber feet or spikes?
Posted By: BigWill Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 05:41 PM
Maybe you have a rat living in your M60 (or sub)?
Seems to me that would be a nice spot in the middle of winter.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 05:57 PM
i have never had a problem with my m80's being unstable. I did have them on carpet spikes and they certainly wouldnt have fallen over by themselves. and theyre even taller than the 60's
Posted By: Daphoid Re: *shocked* IT FELL OVER! - 02/04/05 10:16 PM
Uneven concrete floor... WORST PLACE EVER, I know......flooring is a long story

- D
© Axiom Message Boards