Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BuddTX Pioneer VSX 1014 & M80's - Anyone try this? - 05/03/05 10:39 PM
I have not seen any posts regarding anyone actually trying this setup, so I will ask the question, and please, no speculation:

Has anyone tried a set of M80's and a Pioneer VSX 1014?

If yes, Have you tried it with a 7 speaker setup?

Thanks!
Posted By: alan Re: Pioneer VSX 1014 & M80's - Anyone try this? - 05/05/05 07:20 PM
BuddTX,

The Pioneer A/V receivers use a current-limiting impedance switch for 4-ohm loads, which means they will deliver only a fraction of their rated output, or they may overheat and shut down.

If you have a Pioneer and want to drive Axiom floorstanders and realize all the power potential of the Pioneer, look at the Axiom M60ti, which is an easy 8-ohm load and is tonally virtually identical to the M80ti. The M80ti has a bit deeper bass extension and output (for really big rooms with separate power amplifiers).

If you don't have a Pioneer, then consider Denon, H/K or NAD, all of which will drive the 4-ohm M80s with no problems in rooms of average to moderately large size.

Regards,
Thank you Alan,

And Thank you for NOT DOING what every other speaker company in the world does:

Saying that your most expensive speakers are your BEST speakers!

I very much respect you for taking this position.
The 60's are great speakers.
I liked Pioneer receivers in 1978. But, I liked my Technics, too. I would say most would agree that these 2 companies are a shadow of their former selves.
© Axiom Message Boards