Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/22/05 04:23 AM
Hey guys Im getting ready to buy my Axiom speakers and I wanna know your thoughts on if I should go for an Axiom sub or go with SVS. I want the best bang for the buck.

Thanks.
Posted By: richeydog Re: Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/22/05 04:36 AM
Welcome to the forum.Could you please give us a little more info if you don't mind? What svs and axiom subs are you considering? And the dimensions of your room? This will give us an idea of how much sub you'll need for your particular room.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/22/05 02:45 PM
Zach, you can read my opinion on the subject in this thread. I took the pics down but if you want to see size differences send me a PM.

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/22/05 02:51 PM
Both are great subs, I believe you can get an SVS or HSU for a little less. However, I wanted all my speakers to have the same finish, so I ordered all in Mansfield Beech....

Randy

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/22/05 02:58 PM
Hey thanks for posting that thread.

I dont want to spend more than $1k

I was looking at the EP500 or the PC-Plus/PB12-Plus
Im moving to a new home within the next year so Im not sure how big my room will be. I will be looking for a mid sized room for home theater though. Also is there any performance difference between the cylinder and box subs from SVS?
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/22/05 06:21 PM
The EP500 had a high WAF in my home because it matches. The 500 will rock the foundations of your house.
Posted By: Newf Re: Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/23/05 05:28 PM
http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/AxiomEP500reviewp1.php

if I had the money, that's the one I'd get. EP500 in shiney piano black.

Posted By: bugbitten Re: Subwoofers: Axiom vs. SVS - 06/23/05 06:02 PM
Link

Link friend
© Axiom Message Boards