Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickCathey Help Stop Rattle on QS8 Wall Bracket - 06/28/05 02:30 PM
After adding a second SVS 20-39 PC+ to my setup I ended up placing the new sub in a corner within about 4 feet of my right rear QS8. I have noticed that certain frequencies from the sub will produce a ratttling of the QS8 wall bracket. I covered the screw on the back of the QS8 with duct tape as I thought maybe that was the culprit but it still is there. I think that the rattle is coming from the mating brackets instead. Anyne else have this problem? If so, what did you use where the bracket surfaces mate to eliminate this?

Thanks for any suggestions..
Rick
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Help Stop Rattle on QS8 Wall Bracket - 06/28/05 03:01 PM
Rick,

You may want to pull the QS8 down and make sure all the allen screws holding the drivers are all good and tight. Then before you re-assemble it to the bracket, you might want to get some Quake Hold or Quake Secure (Google it ) and put some between the bracket and the speaker and the bracket and the wall, then tighten it all back down...You might also want to check to make sure you don't have a broken grill connector as at the right frequency, it may buzz...

Suggestions of my .02...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: PaulM Re: Help Stop Rattle on QS8 Wall Bracket - 06/28/05 06:43 PM
Red Green's usual solution, duct tape , is often the one I use.

Paul
aahhh Red Green, what a great show.
© Axiom Message Boards