Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous comparable finish to Axiom? - 09/02/05 11:14 PM
Hey guys im trying to figure out what the finish on a axiom speaker will be like. I only have big retail stores to compare to so is the material and finish on the axiom like the Infinity Beta and Polk monitor? I believe those are also MDF with vinyl right?

Thanks guys.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: comparable finish to Axiom? - 09/03/05 12:55 AM
Hey Zach, I'm sure some others will chime in here regarding other brands. I will tell you that I think the finish on the Axiom's is very nice. Some people get scared away when they hear vinyl covering, well this is the best I've seen, very top quality job. I know a few of the guys on the forum do a lot of custom woodworking, and they have also given Axiom's high praise. Also keep in mind Axiom has special order finishes for an additional price
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: comparable finish to Axiom? - 09/03/05 02:44 AM
You know what? I have owned a lot of speakers and off the top of my head I can't think of anything I would compare to Axiom's finish. That's not a bad thing, I just can't think of any other brand that I would say has a similar finish.

I wouldn't let it worry you though. The fit and finish with Axiom speakers is just fine and dandy.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: comparable finish to Axiom? - 09/03/05 03:18 AM
I can't think of any comparisons either. Order some samples.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: comparable finish to Axiom? - 09/03/05 10:55 AM
Speaking of comparing something else to Axiom:

Ya know what I'd really like to see?

Another string of "Audioholics" face off reviews like they had way back when.

Face off IV V and VI with M60s up against the leading B&M contenders as well as a few of the more normal moderately priced audiophile-grade speakers.

Now that could be interesting.

Sorry M80s guys, didn't mean to exclude you, but the M60s are more likely the speaker the average Axiom floorstander purchaser whould pick.

Notice I didn't say M50s either
Posted By: bridgman Re: comparable finish to Axiom? - 09/03/05 03:26 PM
My recollection was that the Energy Connoisseurs had a somewhat similar finish (a bit like Axiom Maple) but I never looked closely, could be wrong. Will keep my eyes open this weekend and post back if I see anything close...
© Axiom Message Boards