Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Michael_13 AUDIO BOOKS - 11/13/05 02:15 PM
Can anyone recommend me some great books about sound? Iam looking for anything that can assist me with the great knowledge of sound. Iam just looking for your intermediate type book. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/14/05 05:18 AM
Robert Harley's "Complete Guide To High End Audio" comes to mind.
Posted By: Michael_13 Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/14/05 01:50 PM
thank you very much, i was starting to think no one was going to reply.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/14/05 04:32 PM
These boards get very quiet on the weekends.

Posted By: Michael_13 Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/14/05 06:32 PM
Yeah, i was starting to think along those lines, it must be everyone at work on the weekdays, posting in there cubicles and having a good old work day. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/14/05 11:44 PM
I think another factor is probably not many of us read books about audio. Between monthly magazines and the internet, I've never even sought out a book on HT.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/15/05 12:42 AM
Maybe you can get some leads from this site.
Posted By: JohnK Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/15/05 04:40 AM
Michael, another thing is what do you actually mean by "sound"? There are zillions of online sites that discuss various audio subjects at varying technical levels. You can get books from your library that might meet your needs. I'm very familiar with Bob Harley's book and wouldn't suggest it for anything more than basic technical points, most of which he got from other sources(and gave them credit). Beyond that, he leaves the world of audio reality and enters into lands of fantasy which have no factual support and can mislead the new reader.
Posted By: Michael_13 Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/15/05 01:59 PM
All good points, I often just search the web all day, but on the train in i like to have reading material other then the metro or 24, iam just looking for basic home theater knowledge. Iam going to order a magazine though ive read curticos sound and vision i believe. On that note though who can recommend some good magazines?
Posted By: JohnK Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/16/05 01:50 AM
Michael, besides Sound&Vision, I 'll recommend The Sensible Sound. Along with S&V, it is in fact more sensible in its approach, with relatively little hogwash being served up.
Posted By: Michael_13 Re: AUDIO BOOKS - 11/16/05 01:50 PM
Thank you very much i appreciate it.
© Axiom Message Boards