Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rcvecc HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 11/30/05 01:05 AM
im considering getting this tomorrow (mitsubishi wd62327)i know it doesnt have hdmi inputs or 1080p but it seems like a good deal to me
i can get it for 2000 dollars after rebates does anyone have or know about this tv or can give me some info based on specs,and also ,does it seem to be a good deal?

thanks in advance.......ron
Posted By: rcvecc Re: mitsubishi dlp - 11/30/05 01:08 AM
also ,sorry i didnt put a link to the tv,im clueless when it comes to computers....thanks again
Posted By: dmn23 Re: mitsubishi dlp - 11/30/05 02:25 AM
Back in the day (Sheesh...did I really just use that expression???) Mitsu CRTs used to be very highly regarded. I'm sure someone knowledgable will jump in here shortly.
Posted By: ratpack Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 11/30/05 04:11 AM
I have been in the HDTV market since last April. I finally purchased a Sony SXRD about a month ago.

The BEST advice that I can give you is GO LOOK AT ONE before you buy it.

Take a LONG, HARD look!!!!

Then compare it to the others in the store.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 11/30/05 04:55 AM
I totally agree with the Rat on this one. It is just like speakers and auditioning if possible. Everyone has differing opinions on what they hear, just as what they visually see. My folks had intended to recently purchasing a DLP set, but ended up with a Hitachi Plasma instead based on picture performance.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 11/30/05 05:44 PM
Rat - I always thought you were a DLP guy - looking at the 61" 1080p DLP sets. Am I mistaken? If not, why the change?

I've always found the LCD sets to be a little "screen-doory" for my taste (assuming the SXRD is an LCD, right?). I am also fairly sensitive to pixelation, which is why I prefer the "wobulated" DLPs over the non-wobulated versions. Still, I find the Plasma picture to be the best of the newer technologies (it is the most tube-like, in my opinion, and based on my observations, the least susceptible to some of the digital looking aritcfacts found on DLP and LCD sets).
Posted By: spiffnme Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 11/30/05 11:58 PM
Of the DLP's I've seen, I liked the Mits models best.

Posted By: rcvecc Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/01/05 01:12 AM
ok,i went down to look at the tvs and they look great with a hd signal,but regular programs look horrible on all the sets i looked at all the way up to 5000 dollars
i need a 60 inch or larger because im about 18 feet away from it
some of the smaller sets looked good,but im just going to have to wait until the majority of channels go hd....thanks
Posted By: ratpack Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/01/05 03:49 AM
Capn: I came within a "frog hair" of buying a Samsung DLP. I studied all the material I could find, looked at the AVS board comments, and (when they were available) went and looked at one a couple of times. I didn't see rainbows or anything like that, but I did see "clay" faces. And, I was bothered by the lip sync/ video delay and manufacturing issues.

The Sony has a three chip LCOS light engine. I have seen the Sony beside a Sammy and a Mits. It blows them away(of course in my humble opinion)! We were watching the Rockafeller Christmas TV Special in HD this evening. All I can say is WOW, what a picture. The wife was likewise impressed!!!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/01/05 04:46 AM
Glad you like it! I like Sony TVs. Great tuner in my 36 crt. Pulls in channels clearer than any other TV I have.

Posted By: PsychoPete Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/01/05 05:27 PM
I'd be all over the Sony SXRD if it didn't have those STUPID Dumbo ear speakers on the sides. I can't understand why a manufacturer like Sony doesn't realize that if someone is gonna drop $4000.00 on a 60" TV it's very likely that they'll also have a surround sound system and turn the speakers off anyway. Sony's 50" SXRD is 56" wide where JVC's 56" D'ila (same process as the SXRD) is 52" wide (speakers on the bottom ). I'm waiting for a look at the new JVC's but the price ($3100.00) looks good. As far as the Mits, I've looked at the 52628 (1080p model) in the store and HD was good but SD looked terrible. The Sony looked better all the way around.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/02/05 12:54 AM
I'm guessing there's still industrial/business plasmas available that don't have speakers at all. That might be something worth looking into.

Those side speakers drive me bananas, too. It's wide enough with just the screen, thankyaverramuch.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/02/05 03:11 AM
That Sony is perfect, except it won't fit on top of my cabinet because of those stupid speakers. Uggg..

Posted By: ratpack Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/02/05 03:12 AM
I have my Sony dumbo ear speakers turned off.

I did see a post where there is an after market frame to go over them if you really don't like them. One owner is covering them with cloth. They really don't bother me.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/02/05 03:20 AM
It's not the ugliness...they simply won't fit in the space I have. The TV will, but those ears won't.

Burns my butt. It's pretty much exactly the TV I'm looking for. 1920x1080, 50", and doesn't cost as much as my first two cars combined.

Posted By: F107plus5 Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/02/05 03:33 AM
Wow,....you guys are opening old wounds!

Before we bought our 65" RPCRT Mits last year, a set by the way that is "almost" too wide, we were looking at other sets as well. My second choice was a Sony 60" RP LCD with Dumbo ears that made it wider over-all than the Mits!

The wife liked the 70" sony(she contends that MY eyes are failing and we need a larger set, I think "She" just likes the bragging rights)but it used an older style chassis and was of course even wider yet.

IF Sony would have had a 60"(or prefferably a 65")without the "ears" they very likely would have gotten another sale!
Posted By: PsychoPete Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/02/05 03:22 PM
Spiff,
I've got the same space issue as you but man do I love the picture on the Sony. Take a look at This JVC. It's a 56" 1080P and is only 52" wide if you have the room. They just came out and I'm waiting to see one. There may be some already availible in your area. I'd love a review if anyone has seen one.
P.S. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Posted By: Ken.C Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/03/05 12:25 AM
Is that really LCoS?! I thought that died a couple of years ago.
Posted By: Capn_Pickard Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/05/05 05:29 PM
There's a nice review of the new Mits 52" 1080p DLP over at avguide.com.

Check it out. Basically, the reviewer says that color balance is excellent, blacks and contrast are sufficient, bu that the scaler is not so hot (which probably explains the above poster's comment about standard def TV not looking great on the set. Apparently the 1800p deinterlacer has some problems, too.) I think that these complaints are probably being overly critical, though, and the gist taht I got was that the set was, in all important regards, excellent.
Posted By: ratpack Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/05/05 06:15 PM
LCos is alive and well.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/05/05 09:00 PM
Obviously my data is old. Cool.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/05/05 09:08 PM
Well, in all fairness, LCoS DID seem to be "on the ropes" for awhile....
Posted By: Spence Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/05/05 09:24 PM
I've been happy with the 65" Mitsubishi 65907 (CRT based RPTV) since purchasing it four years ago.

I've been keeping an eye on the emerging technology and reviews of various manufacturers and if I were buying again, I'd consider Mitsubishi, Sony, or HP.

...that's right, I said HP. They've got some stellar reviews for a freshman product and they have the technical know-how to succeed. The HP DLP uses the "wobulation" technique to achieve 1080p and is the only one of the bunch (Sony may have joined the ranks or will soon do so once PS3 is launched) that supports native 1080p input.

Of course 1080p is all smoke and mirrors to a point since there is no 1080p source material (until PS3 is released), but at least you won't be regreting not having purchased the best level of compatibility for future peripherals!

Sony is KICK ASS, and Mitsubishi does well, but has fallen short with a less than stellar scaler (resolution converter).

A great site to read postings from those actually owning the products is; www.hometheaterspot.com, or check for reviews at www.epinions.com

Just my .02.
Posted By: RickF Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/06/05 01:04 AM
We've got a Mitsubishi #73727 73" RPTV on hold at our local A/V dealer who also sells Sony. I stopped in today because I wanted to really do a comparison and I couldn't tell enough difference to constitute a brand switch. I do believe we'll be quite happy with the Mitsubishi...I also checked out some very nice McIntosh A/V gear that I drooled over.

Posted By: snakeyes Re: HELP PLEASE !!! mitsubishi dlp - 12/06/05 01:16 AM
i think lcos as a technology was fine just toshiba and i think phillips had a problem getting there products to market properly with it so they dropped lcos. or something like that.
© Axiom Message Boards