Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Sutter Cane Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/13/05 07:38 PM

Sutter
Posted By: richeydog Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 01:09 AM
Yes............No...........Maybe.

There you go Sutter. An unbiased opinion.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 03:32 AM
All of the Above, he he
Posted By: ereed Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 03:41 AM
I have no clue what problems people are having with their vp150. I enjoy mine and it sounds great. My dad has paradigm ref studio 60s with their matching center and they sound similiar and he paid much more for his than mine. Only diff is that I think his has little more bass in his center but mine has better mids. What problems are people having with their CC other than not going low enough?
Posted By: littleb Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 04:14 AM
I'm having no problem with my VP100. I've heard other CC with more midbass, but I found that I have more of a problem hearing the dialogue when compared to my center.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 04:43 AM
no problems with my 150, luv it....just watch out for AVS trolls that like to bash the 150
Posted By: bridgman Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 02:06 PM
>>What problems are people having with their CC other than not going low enough?

I think "not going low enough" is the main issue. Not sure that crossing over lower would actually make a DIFFERENCE or anything (and the surrounds wouldn't be changing anyways) but it's nice to think about.

I don't think the message here is that the VPs are bad or not a good deal for the money, it just seems that center channels are the first area where people are willing to spend more $$ than Axiom's high end product and feel they get value from the $$. I am very happy with my VP100 but am saving my pennies for the VP2xx (M60 in a center channel configuration)

Just to be clear, nobody at Axiom has EVER mentioned the possibility of a higher end center channel, it's just us board folks talking about it.
Posted By: ereed Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 02:48 PM
Hmmm...I also have the m60s and love them. If axiom comes out with vp200 or whatever I might just have to use my vp150 as the rear center channel. I think the vp150 is great....if you want more bass maybe add 6.5 woofer and keep both tweets and all mids the same. Sorta like having current vp150 but with a 6.5 or two of them.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 03:01 PM
Ooh, that would be nice. Sort of like a super-M80 center channel. OK then, we have two products :

VP200 - 2 x 6.5", 1 x 5.25", 1 tweeter
VP250 - 2 x 6.5", 2 or 3 x 5.25", 2 tweeter

Both ported or whatever is needed to get response down to 60 Hz. Yum
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 03:51 PM
This sounds like adding an M3 as a second center. I am toying with the idea. I love my 150 with cds and dvds, but I would like more from my center(s) with the tv (bad Charter) signal.
Posted By: BruceH Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 05:04 PM
In reply to:

This sounds like adding an M3 as a second center.

This sounds like an excellent option. A VP-100 paired in parallel with an M3 would be perfect. It would be like making your own M60 center channel! It just means that you are paying a little more than a VP-150 and you have to buy the M3 through the Factory Outlet to get a single.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/14/05 07:18 PM
Hey... I already have a VP100 and really like M3s, maybe I'll try this once I get into the new house.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Should Axiom Come Out With New CC - 12/15/05 08:31 PM
So I thought about nailing two M3s together end to end and coming up with a psudo M50(I'd have to scronk out one tweet and run the lonely 6.5" free) But the effective box wouldn't be any bigger than one M3 alone, so while I may get a couple db louder, I surely wouldn't get one db lower.

An M50 it ain't.

Oh well.
© Axiom Message Boards