Axiom Home Page
Hi Guys,

I called Axiom last night Sat 10:30 PM, the answer the phone on 2 rings that late on a Saturday...That's service! Last Monday, tracking showed package picked up by Fedex. Wed showed package seized by US Customs. They released it Thurs, and it was delivered to me today!!! It's a good thing Axiom double boxed it, there was a big gash in the outer box, but the inner box was untouched. Customs has torn the box cover open to look for drugs I guess. It's almost 2am, the family is sleeping, so tomorrow it time to check out this not so little beast...

Vince
You just HAVE to wake the family up so something like "The Ride of the Valkyries" with your new system.
There is a "Weapons of Mass Destruction" joke in here somewhere ....
Interesting!!!!

I think that all of my Axiom speakers were shipped from somewhere in Texas. It was probably some interim distribution point. I'll have to check the shipping labels since I still have the boxes.

Bye the way, I ordered 3 seperate times and they all came from the same place (not Axiom as I recall).
At least they didn't think your replacement 500 amp was actually a bomb and blow it up...

Seriously, is there any chance that Customs broke the housing open to check inside ? I had assumed klutz plus heavy machinery = bits of amplifier but maybe not...
I remember a customs hold on my Axiom speaker wire. Took Noreen to get it loose.
Actually, if a person couldn't read english, the amp would look like a bomb with all the switches and knobs....they actually blew it up then just decided to send it to you?
That looks more like it was cracked open with a prybar or hammer. I think when they blow up suspicious packages they use a big enough bang to essentially disintegrate and scatter a potential explosive before it has a chance to go off.... Randy would have got the remains in a baggie.
© Axiom Message Boards