Axiom Home Page
Posted By: al35 QS8 with music - 01/12/06 03:26 AM
How do the QS8 and QS4 do with music and with SACD or DVD-A?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 04:29 AM
I think the Qs8's do a very very good job with music. I have many music DVD's that are in DTS 5.1 or DD 5.1 and they sound unbelievable. I actually have 4 Qs8's, and use the PLIIx mode to get all 7 speakers a rockin, I am very happy.

I have listened to only one DVD-A disk that a friend brought over once, and it also sounded fabulous. There are lots of people that say you have to have direct radiating bookshelf speakers for left/right or rears for music. So far I have not intensions of changing.

ps: for movies there is nothing better than the Q's...
Posted By: al35 Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 07:09 AM
Not many replies to this question. Could this possibly be telling me something??
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 12:07 PM
Yes.

We all agree with Randy!

Seriously, I was wondering how my QS8s would do with DVD-A and SACD discs, and I'm thoroughly happy!
Posted By: Ajax Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 01:18 PM
I used QS8s for SACD and DVD-A listening and was awed by how good it sounded. Would direct radiating speakers sound better? I haven't the faintest idea. All I know is that Diana Krall's SACDs sounded FANTASTIC on the QS8s.
Posted By: bray Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 02:29 PM
What they said.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 03:19 PM
The QS8s even sound good in the all speaker mode. Love that setting for parties.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 04:24 PM
I agree Doug, I use 7 Channel Stereo sometimes, they rock.
Posted By: warfer21 Re: QS8 with music - 01/12/06 10:04 PM
I can't comment on sacd or dvd-a, but as far as 5.1 music goes they're awesome! 5.1 dolby and dts dvd corcerts that I own sound amazing. even when I listen to sirius I set the denon to 5-ch stereo.

There are moments when I prefer the 2 ch direct mode but most of the time I listen to music in surround sound. (probably because of how good the QS-8 's are !)

When I first got them I could not believe how loud/clear/powerful they were.

definitely worth auditioning
Posted By: al35 Re: QS8 with music - 01/13/06 01:53 AM
Thanks guys! I can't wait to here them. Only problem is I have to wait another month or so before I can order my set up.
© Axiom Message Boards