Axiom Home Page
Posted By: s002wjh saw this review axiom vs swan - 01/27/06 06:44 PM
any axiom owner hear swan speaker before. got a review about it, like to know everybody thoughts on this.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=636740
Posted By: Wid Re: saw this review axiom vs swan - 01/27/06 07:02 PM
I had a fellow over last year to hear the M80s. He then went on to audition a pair of Swans, can't recall the model, in his final decision he picked the M80s over the Swans. He did note that the Swans were a nice speaker but preferred the Axioms.

I think if the person in that review would have had a good powerful amp he would have noticed a huge soundstage that goes way beyond the physical boundaries of the speakers themselves. At least that is how my Rotel and M80s sound to me

Posted By: s002wjh Re: saw this review axiom vs swan - 01/27/06 07:05 PM
yeah I notice the 80s are 4ohm, so is that mean I need a preamp in order to get a huge soundstage or better perfermance? Also I read some other reviews seem like axiom are up-front kind speaker, do you guys feel the same way?
Posted By: Wid Re: saw this review axiom vs swan - 01/27/06 07:16 PM

I do prefer a forward sounding speaker and I do think a powerful amp can make a difference. What is the setup you're looking to put togther, is it stereo or H/T.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: saw this review axiom vs swan - 01/27/06 09:56 PM
Link
Posted By: s002wjh Re: saw this review axiom vs swan - 01/27/06 10:00 PM
I plan to get denon avr3806, i use for music(40%)/HT(60%), and I also plan to get a sub
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: saw this review axiom vs swan - 01/28/06 12:22 AM
That seemed like a pretty fair review. I'll bet that the reviewer might have preferred the Axioms if he had had a sub.
I had my MA S8s up near reference levels the other day - I don't usually listen that loud - and it occurred to me that my M60s had been a bit cleaner in the bass frequencies at that volume.
Swans are probably similarly uncapable of handling deep bass at near max levels. Just guessing.
© Axiom Message Boards