Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack My new setup... :) - 02/02/06 02:58 PM
Actually I found this on a Google search, pretty interesting.

Posted By: Richie Re: My new setup... :) - 02/02/06 03:06 PM
WOW! That is one scary looking setup! :-) Looks like the space aliens have already landed and are living among us!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: My new setup... :) - 02/02/06 03:07 PM
No WAY that guy is married.

ooh, shiny... but wait, aren't those chunks of rather ugly wood holding the speakers up? Whaaa?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My new setup... :) - 02/02/06 03:12 PM
Look at the lighting. That's a demo room at an audio dealer if I ever saw one.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: My new setup... :) - 02/02/06 03:23 PM
Note in the upper left. The green sign showing where to run when the music starts. Or the building falls!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: My new setup... :) - 02/02/06 03:23 PM
That explains the little placards.
Posted By: BruceH Re: My new setup... :) - 02/02/06 04:04 PM
I wonder if that is built by a speaker manufacturer in Japan influenced by Anthony Gallo Acoustics?

I'd hate to see the 7.1 version of that setup .
Posted By: JohnK Re: My new setup... :) - 02/03/06 04:37 AM
Randy, this is yet another setup that should offer especially realistic reproduction of tubas and french horns.
Posted By: bridgman Re: My new setup... :) - 02/03/06 05:07 AM
1. What the heck could you possibly be searching for on Google that would find this ?

2. The big folded horn (more of a rolled up horn) in the center is pretty neat.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: My new setup... :) - 02/03/06 05:19 AM
That's the subwoofer. It seems like it's a purely horn system.

Speaking of horns, I actually got to see a set of Klipsch La Scalas and Heresys the other day. Didn't get to hear them, but it was pretty neat to see those monsters in person.
Posted By: bridgman Re: My new setup... :) - 02/04/06 04:48 AM
Is it big enough for a subwoofer ? I thought there was some formula relating low frequency limit to the length of the horn or something...

Or maybe I'm just confusing this with the huge honkin' horn at the local aerospace research center... meant to simulate earthquakes and sonic booms. It's about 150 feet long and is stimulated by high pressure gas rupturing something like 1/8" of steel plate.

If you bang the wall at the pointy end of the horn you get a HUGE floor-shaking thump at the wide end. It's really neat.
Posted By: bigwill2 Re: My new setup... :) - 02/04/06 05:33 AM
I think those say, "Nondishka. Ho-nondishka."
Posted By: Ken.C Re: My new setup... :) - 02/04/06 07:32 AM
I think it's big enough. There's a number of hand built horn loaded subs on the net. I did a little googling last night when I was bored.
© Axiom Message Boards