Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad Question for M80 owners - 02/02/06 07:13 PM
In about an hour Fedex is bringing my M80's to replace my 60's. Just wondering about the setup. I'll be using the auto setup with mic. on the Denon. Should this do the trick or will I need to make more adjustments? Thanks
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Question for M80 owners - 02/02/06 07:42 PM
It should do the trick. Do you have an SPL meter to check your settings? I find it useful.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Question for M80 owners - 02/02/06 07:55 PM
Thanks Doug
I've got an SPL meter that Aperion sent me when I ordered from them, but have never taken the time to figure it out. The Denon has always seemed to do a good job on getting things sounding right to my ears.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Question for M80 owners - 02/02/06 10:57 PM
Just get the sucker out. Turn it on the 70 and watch it while you let the Denon run through a manual channel setup. The reading should be the same as each speaker fires the pink noise at you. If you have reading that are off, you should make an adjustment.

I know it is a little more complicated than that, but is a place to start.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Question for M80 owners - 02/03/06 04:16 AM
I agree it is very simple and I've found I had to adjust my Denon Auto Setup a bit form the mic setup. Drag that thing out, put it in the primary location about ear height, slow, C scale, I actually put mine on 80 to adjust for the 75dB's as it seems easier for me to monitor. At 70 the needle flys off the chart to easy...
Posted By: JohnK Re: Question for M80 owners - 02/03/06 04:31 AM
Michael, it's interesting to use an SPL meter, but the auto-calibration that the 3805 does should be fine. If you try taking manual readings with the Aperion meter you shouldn't assume that any differences from the 3805 results are in favor of the manual reading.
© Axiom Message Boards