Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ChrisR QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 03:09 AM
I bought my pair of QS8s a few years ago, and they came with a simple bracket for wall mounting, which I didn't use (because I bought the then-wood stands for them). I see the "T bracket" on the website - does this currently come with the QS8s, and is it a superior option to what I have?

Or would the FMB be a better choice?

I'm planning on buying 2 more QS8s to complete a 7.1 system, but I was wondering if I should add on some additional brackets to the order.

Thanks
Posted By: bridgman Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 03:26 AM
It all depends on your room. If you have walls in the right place, I think most people just use the T brackets and never look back. If the walls are sorta-kinda in the right place but you need to mount at wacky angles then FMBs or other brackets are required. If there are no walls where you need them (like my new room) then you have to buy stands.

Axiom doesn't list T-brackets on the web site, presumably because they are included with every QS4/8 speaker, but I imagine if you give them a call they could toss a couple of extra brackets in the shipment for not much $$
Posted By: Tharkun Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 03:55 AM
You would have no clue as to what wacky angles might be do ya John.
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 04:32 AM
You know, I thought they never had the T brackets online, but I remember seeing them somewhere on the website. Then, I wanted to look into buying replacment ones, but then looked and looked and looked and clicked on stuff then couldn't find it.

But, alas! I found it after much clicking! It is hidden in the gear or "fun stuff" section.

Gear Section

Anyways, back to the normal question, I don't see how the QS8's T bracket would be any more "superior" unless the way you have them now are blocking sound from coming out right, or if having your QS8's on the wall would be better positioned.
Posted By: bridgman Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 04:33 AM
Well, no. I managed to put the walls in the wrong place so for me angles are purely hypothetical.
Posted By: ChrisR Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 04:53 AM
Thanks for the replies.

The QS8s that I bought only came with 2 small individual brackets per speaker, each of which have to be placed on the wall to match with 2 other brackets that you attach to the speaker. The T bracket looks like it may be more stable and easier to use.

I saw the T brackets available in the fun gear section, and wondered if it was worth the $ to upgrade. ( My brackets are still lying in the box, as I have used stands up until now.)
Posted By: danmagicman7 Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 06:00 AM
They are only $20 a pair so, if you want to try them it really isn't that much of a hit on the ol' wallet.
Posted By: TweedleyD Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 01:10 PM
Well jus for my thinking u have the QS 8's right ? then the ones supplied with the Speaks should b plenty enough firm , what i used on mine jus get ya sum of the Plastic Wallboard things cannot remember what they are called so u can screw the Screws into them to help with support to handle the weight an u should b good to go
Posted By: bridgman Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 03:53 PM
>>The QS8s that I bought only came with 2 small individual brackets per speaker, each of which have to be placed on the wall...

I bought my QS8s about a year ago, and they included T-brackets. Did you not get T-brackets with your QS8s ?

>>... to match with 2 other brackets that you attach to the speaker.

Also, the mating brackets were pre-attached to the back of the QS8s; I didn't have to attach them myself...

When did you purchase your QS8s ? Wondering if yours are older or newer... [EDIT] Never mind, I just re-read your original post.... looks like earlier QS8s may have come with a different bracket arrangement. You can largely ignore this post

Just don't want to see you buy and wait for T brackets then go "dang, I already have these"
Posted By: ChrisR Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/27/06 10:44 PM
Thanks guys.
I bought mine in 2003, no T brackets.
But for $20, if they are more secure (or easier to install correctly and safely) then I'll probably just go for it; add it on to the 2nd pair of QS8s I'll be ordering soon.

Finally had my family room redone - skanky carpet gone, new floor and paint. New french door too which will probably give me some echoes, but I took the opportunity to add a partial back wall (was open to the kitchen) to give me a symmetrical place to hang 2 rear surrounds for 7.1. I can hang the sides as well - they have been on stands up until now. After I get 'em hung and wired, I have clearance to get the big screen!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 12:12 AM
Okay everybody ... "ooooh! aaaaah!" Pictures! We want pictures!

That sounds like a great room, Chris! Hurry up on that big screen!

I think the T Brackets are ingenious. They really make the task very easy, indeed. I could not hit a stud for one of mine, but used several E-Z Anchors and am not at all nervous about my QS8's.

How do you like your Anthem equipment? Is it manufactured in North America? (Please, gentlepersons, do not subject me or the original poster to flames - I'm just asking if this might be an avenue for me to exercise my right as a consumer to support businesses based on factors that I have had difficulty ascertaining from other sources).

Thank You.
Posted By: Wid Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 12:33 AM

Tom have you considered Odyssey amps . From their website, "All odyssey equipment is made in the USA, parts & labor".
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 01:27 AM
Yes, Rick, Thank You. Also Adcom and B&K. I am not really in the market at the moment, but doing the research is entertaining.
Posted By: Wid Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 01:32 AM

You're just waiting on the Axiom amps aren't ya
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 01:35 AM
Well, that, the money and the authorization
Posted By: RickF Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 10:17 AM
"....and the authorization "

Ah yes, authorization. The one word I really had not paid paid much attention to during my wild and younger days but after 25 years of marriage to my beautiful bride I must say there are now times whenever it seems like I burn every cell in my brain both day and night trying to figure out just how I may go about getting the authorization to do some of the things I want. There is no substitute for experience, I have learned.

I did get the authorization to get my self a box of the 30# E-Z Anchors that Mr. Tomtuttle linked to and I do believe these things would hold a Mack truck on the wall if well positioned. I second Tomtuttle's recommendation!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 04:51 PM
BrotherBob, congratulations on your many years of wedded bliss. I am firmly in the "happy wife, happy life" camp. I have also discovered that "you are only as happy as your unhappiest child". I'm blessed to have a great marriage where we both strive to make each other happy within the regrettable limitations of our resources.

I love those E-Z Anchors. I use them for all kinds of stuff and have never had any problems whatsoever. If you had to hang something from the ceiling or something of very great weight, you'd probably still be better off with a traditional molly-bolt kind of fastener, but I think those E-Z Anchors are great, and they are certainly PLENTY strong enough to hold up a T-Bracket. I think I used four of them, and that speaker is not going anywhere.

I'm trying to get authorization for a new vehicle. It's not going very well

Sorry about the hijack, Chris. This is apparently my stream-of-consciousness thread for this week. I really do want to see your new room, though. I'm always inspired and humbled by the elegant and creative installations that Axiom family members have completed.
Posted By: oz350z Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 02/28/06 05:26 PM
In reply to:

The one word I really had not paid paid much attention to during my wild and younger days but after 25 years of marriage to my beautiful bride I must say there are now times whenever it seems like I burn every cell in my brain both day and night trying to figure out just how I may go about getting the authorization to do some of the things I want.

In reply to:

I have been married for 30 years and like you in my earlier and even middle years did not give much thought to it. As a matter of fact it is only recently that I have found something that works all the time. It's Diamonds
Downside is they are even more expensive than most of the items I'm seeking authorization for. So my return on the dollar is not great.
Oh well back to the drawing board.
oz

Posted By: PaulM Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 03/01/06 08:16 PM
Chris
Note the T-bracket isn't going to work for you unless you can also get the matching bracket that is factory installed on the back of all QS8's (and QS4's) these days. From the link provided, it doesn't look like the bracket for the back of the speakers is part of the package. You may want to give Axiom a call to confirm or work something out.
Posted By: ChrisR Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 03/02/06 04:34 AM
TomT, no prob on the hijack. I love the anthem pre/pro and amp, though there at the lower end of Anthem's product line. Fantastic sound. They pair with the Axioms well, because they're a Canadian company as well. You can check 'em out, I think they're at AnthemAV.com.

Paul, I think the brackets I have will probably fit on the T-brackets. They came mounted to the speakers, but had to be removed to mount to the QS8 wood stands I bought.

I'm thinking the T-bracket was an upgrade over the small wall clips that came with my speakers, but the brackets on the speakers I think are the same. But you're right; it wouldn't hurt to call and clarify that before ordering them.

BTW, as far as pictures go, there's nothing to post right now - all new floor covered with toys! Anything special to do to post pics on the msg boards?
Posted By: PaulM Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 03/02/06 04:40 AM
Click on FAQ at the top of this page and it'll give you instructions for posting images. Lots of folks here get a Photobucket account for this.

Good luck.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: QS8 "T bracket" - 03/02/06 04:37 PM
Paul, good call on both Photobucket and the necessity of matching the brackets on the speaker to the spacing on the T-Bracket. D'oh! I'll bet it will work, but you should definitely check with Axiom.

Chris, I knew Anthem is a Canadian company. Their stuff looks wonderful, and I am some time away from making that kind of commitment to electronics. I was just wondering if their manufacturing is based in North America, or if they only do the design, marketing, distribution, etc. here and import the finished product. Does it say "Made in Canada" on the back of your amp?
© Axiom Message Boards