Axiom Home Page
Finally stepped up to BIG SCREEN TV from my humble 27" tube.
Last month took delivery of :
Pair M22ti's
Pair QS8's
VP150
EP350 all in that most excellent cherry finish
Also my new system includes :
Samsung's 61" HD DLP
Denon AVR 3806s
Samsung DVD-R120
Song HDMI DVD player

So far I haven't done much except the basic set-up and auto tuning via the denon set-up and mic.
The picture is fine, anyone believe they really achieved a much better picture by using a set-up disk such as AVIA?
But more importantly, i'd like to set-up my audio to sound clear, natural and transparent.
Are there set-up disks or similar or are a pair of highly tuned ears all that is needed and a lot of time and patience to achieve great sound?

The setup mic should do a pretty good job for starters, then everything else is fine tuning for your ears.
I did the auto setup on mine and then tested with RS meter, it was a little off. I then did it without and sounds much better I think.
Unfortunately my musical ear is not so great, perhaps even a bit tone deft. When i hear it, i can greatly appreciate great sound, but ask me to tune a guitar and i could be at it for days. I guess i'll have to enlist some of my more musically inclined friends. thx for the reply.
The Avia set-up disk (or one like it) can definitely help improve the picture quality. It can also help to explain the differences in the settings (brightness, picture, contrast). Many TVs are factory set to work well on showroom floors lit with fluorescent lighting. Subsequently, these settings are often too high for the home environment.

Buying a set-up disk is a great investment.
Don't know if the Denon automatic setup includes equalization or not. The setup for my Onkyo does. Alan recommended that I set the equalization to flat and not use the setup calculated numbers.

You may want to do the same.
© Axiom Message Boards