Axiom Home Page
Hello- I have one of the early built Denon 3910's that does not pass "below black" and if paired w/a Sony SXRD, does it matter? I could send it to Denon to have the glitch fixed but I have heard that unless the TV it is hooked up to is CRT based that the display will not hold below black anyway. Should I be concerned w/ below black if I am confident I can still calibrate accurately w/ Avia or DVE?

Thanks!!
My 3910 will hold below black on my plasma, if you are happy with your picture the way it is I wouldn't worry, you could also check Denons web site and plug in you serial #, you may be able to upgrade without sending your unit in.
Please, I've had mucho problems with Denon DVD product. I too have a SXRX Sony (50in) and found horrible "blocking" with my Denon 2910 when viewing DVDs. My unit was sent to Denon, they cleaned it, and gave it a software update and it still is putting out bad picture quality via HDMI. I finally gave it up and purchased a SONY unit and it plays as smooth as silk - no digital blocking via HDMI, better sound (more detailed: the Denon sounds muted). It's horrible really that a consumer can pay $700 for a name like Denon and get better quality form a Sony that's $129. !!!
I have an OPPO player and have not had any of those problems. The OPPO is a lot cheaper too. I'm just not sure that Denon is the quality brand that some make it out to be!!!
© Axiom Message Boards