Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tarun HK AVR7300 DEAD - Firmware Upgrade Failed - 06/24/06 12:14 AM
Hey all.
So I got my new firmware from HK for my receiver as I was really on old software that was causing some issues with sound and video. I followed the instructions to the T and started the upgrade...it was moving along perfectly. Got to 75% and errored out. Now I have a receiver which has a standby light..and I cannot reconnect to it.

Has anyone recovered from this? ANy ideas.

Desperate...
Does HK have a tech support number?

Never tried the firmware thing, can't help much.
Posted By: Tarun Re: HK AVR7300 DEAD - Firmware Upgrade Failed - 06/24/06 01:58 AM
Phone support was closed. I sent an email and got a response. I have to have the microprocessor on the AVR replaced at a service center. It is covered under warranty...but what a pain.

More later.

Only problem is that the weekend will be shot unless the repair center is good and replaces the processor tomorrow.

-Tarun
That sucks. I wouldn't want to carry that behemoth anywhere. When I got my HK 7200 delivered I waited until the deliverylady drove away because I didn't want her to see me struggling to get the box in the door. Very embarrassing.
Posted By: Tarun Re: HK AVR7300 DEAD - Firmware Upgrade Failed - 06/24/06 02:28 PM
You are telling me.
The other issue here...and this is the big one...what does one do until a replacement arrives.....which could be 3-4 weeks at best.

OH MY GOSH. NO Axiom listening for 3-4 weeks.... Holi Ear Wax BATMAN!
Quote:

what does one do until a replacement arrives.....which could be 3-4 weeks at best.

You can hum to yourself. . .

Or, buy one of those little T-amps for cheap--that'll get you through the crisis.
Buy a replacement and then return it 4 weeks later
Posted By: Tarun Re: HK AVR7300 DEAD - Firmware Upgrade Failed - 06/24/06 04:35 PM
Crisis solved for now. Bought an open box HK AVR335 for $219 at Circuit City.....cant complain.

Should be ok to power my system....especially since I have the Outlaw monoblocks to power the m80's.

Will use it as a backup.....
Posted By: Tarun Re: HK AVR7300 DEAD - Firmware Upgrade Failed - 06/24/06 06:37 PM
Dropped off my AVR7300 for Microprocessor Replacement.
The wait begins.
© Axiom Message Boards