Axiom Home Page
Well I got home Friday and found out from my girlfriend that the grills from my Mi80's, which are about 6 months old, fell off in the middle of the day. Normally I wouldn't care so much, but my 2 year old niece (whom my girlfriend was watching) went ahead and pushed in all the black domes inside all 4 cones. I'm not really mad or anything, and I understand that they can be replaced. but I was wondering if there's anyway to upgrade the weak grills on the Axiom speakers, at least to the point of them not falling off. Thanks
I know the grill attachment used to be a weak point, and maybe still is, but doesn't it seem just the tiniest bit suspicious that both grills fell off at the same time, when your niece just happened to be in the right place to push the domes in ?

Is there any chance the grills had a bit of 2-year-old help ?
Sorry for being vague. Only the speaker grill on the left speaker fell off. My GF, not understanding how important they were and annoyed they keep falling off, just moved them to the side. Later in the day my niece pushed in the cones. I'm not really blaming anyone or anything. I mean, I knew that they fall off and I just never made the connection of how much damage it could cause.

I guess my main question here is, has anyone thought up a way to help support the grills? All I can come up with is stick on velcro, but perhaps there's better ways? Thanks
I would contact Axiom first. Your grills shouldn't be falling off by themselves. I know one or two other people reported similar issues and Axiom took care of the problem somehow.
sprite,
The black cones are dust covers. Using a piece of tape or a vacuum with light suction you should be able to draw them back out.
As for the grilles, as bridgman mentioned, Axiom will set you up to be sure they don't come off. Check the holes in the speakers where the grille pins normally fit and see if the rubber holders have fallen out or if the grille pins just don't seem to fit the rubber inserts that well. Then call Axiom customer support.
No worries.
They always make things right, most especially with new purchases.
Man, I bet you just freaked!
And to prevent future problems, I suggest going to the custom shop and ordering the industrial-look "expanded mesh and barbed wire" grilles connected to the 40,000 volt cattle trainer.

Bren R.
What is it with you guys and the "more power is better" thing?

I think 30,000 volts is more than enough. If the first volt isn't felt, what's the point?

Oh. Yeah.
Hi Sprite;

We'll get some new grilles sent out to you today - there is a fix. And you should be able to use tape as chesseroo explained to pull the domes back out.
Now, that is what I call customer service!!!!!!!!
Quote:

Hi Sprite;

We'll get some new grilles sent out to you today - there is a fix. And you should be able to use tape as chesseroo explained to pull the domes back out.

Wow..That's all I can say
Or just suck the dust covers back out with your mouth... alone... with the curtains pulled... uh, on second thought... tape might be better.

Bren R.
Quote:

Hi Sprite;

WOW

That is incredible customer service beyond anything I have ever seen or imagined. I'm also happy to realize that the cones themselves are okay, I'm going to go look for some strong tape tomorrow to pop them back out.

I've always heard of Axiom's incredible service, but now I'm a believer. And I will definitly be recommending Axiom products to all my friends

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone (I'm still considering the electrified barbwire )

Just regular masking tape will do, no need for anything special.
Quote:

Just regular masking tape will do, no need for anything special.

Yeah, don't get anything *too* powerful- you want it to come off after without tearing off the speaker.
Quote:

Or just suck the dust covers back out with your mouth... alone... with the curtains pulled... uh, on second thought... tape might be better.

Bren R.

I think that takes the term "speaker love" to a whole new level.
Hey, and guess who just had this same thing happen to his M3s and VP150?

Had some friends with kids over... anytime they see a big black round thing - they poke. Sucked them back out with the vacuum with no problems.

Makes you think of this though:

Bren R.
Actually it doesn't make me think about that...

... in fact I don't *want* to think about that...

... ever...

... so there.
© Axiom Message Boards