Axiom Home Page
Posted By: lollipop DIY Speaker Stands for M22ti's - 09/24/02 04:04 AM
My brother recently purchased a pair M22ti speakers without stands. Being that his Birthday is fairly soon I thought I would go ahead and build a pair (funds are too limited to purchase prebuilt ones). My plan was to build some fairly basic ones using MDF painted white to blend well with the maple finish on his speakers. What would be the best height for the stands? Axion recommends both their css2 and ss16 stands which have 24" and 16" heights respectively. Why is there such a large discrepancy in the heights of the stands? Does anyone have any suggestions on commonly available hardware I could use for the spikes? Any additional tips or links to sites with more information would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

lollipop
Posted By: tinfoilhat Re: DIY Speaker Stands for M22ti's - 09/24/02 05:15 AM
Check the seated height of the people in the room. Plan your stands so that the tweater is at ear level. Enjoy.
Posted By: price3 Re: DIY Speaker Stands for M22ti's - 09/25/02 09:19 PM
I just made some mdf stands for my new M22's. I made them 20" tall and I think that is the perfect height for my seating.
Posted By: alan Re: DIY Speaker Stands for M22ti's - 09/26/02 02:41 PM
Hi lollipop,

I've used M22ti's on 16-inch stands in my living room in stereo, and they sounded great. When I put them into my home theater system, I used my 24-inch stands to bring them up to about the same height as my TV monitor, which is up higher on its own (crummy and now broken) Ikea stand.

The M22's sound excellent at either height.

Regards,
Posted By: lollipop Re: DIY Speaker Stands for M22ti's - 09/26/02 10:00 PM
Thanks everyone for all the advice,

I think I will build a pair of 16-inch stands,

wish me luck,

lollipop
© Axiom Message Boards