Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Vinnyc7 Speaker feedback from computer - 09/05/06 06:35 PM
I have my computer connected to a harmon kardon reciever using the cd input. I can only get good volume when I push my computer volume to the max and push the volume on the receiver. When I look to get more significant volume, the speakers start with this feedback. I realize that this is not a speaker issue, but was wondering if anyone has some advise.

FYI - when I play a CD, (connected via the DVD input) everything works perfectly.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Speaker feedback from computer - 09/05/06 06:57 PM
Try muting the mic slider in the Play Control of the Volume Control and unselect all the settings in the Record Control in Volume Control (to get to Record Control, Options|Properties|Adjust Volume for RECORDING)... also, do you have a line out from the receiver going back into the computer's line in? If so, that would explain the feedback and low volume levels.

Bren R.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Speaker feedback from computer - 09/05/06 07:34 PM
Also double check that you are connected to the propper output on the computer.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Speaker feedback from computer - 09/05/06 09:07 PM
sounds like what you really need is preamp to boost up the computer output.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Speaker feedback from computer - 09/06/06 06:13 AM
The soundcard should have no problem pushing line level (200mV peak) so that shouldn't be a problem.

Bren R.
Posted By: Eno Re: Speaker feedback from computer - 09/12/06 11:02 PM
When you say feedback do you mean a hum? I had this problem back in June, and fixed it completely by getting a ground loop isolator (aka 1:1 transformer) from Radio Shack.
Posted By: Vinnyc7 Re: Speaker feedback from computer - 09/15/06 01:03 AM
To BrenR - Thanks so much!!!!

That did the trick, I cannot believe how much better the music sounds!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: BrenR Re: Speaker feedback from computer - 09/19/06 04:21 AM
No prob... I had the same problem when I got my first full-duplex soundcard (the SB16 or AWE32 Manganese or something)

Bren R.
© Axiom Message Boards