Axiom Home Page
So I upgraded the inlaws AVR to a 2807. We've decided to keep their older MK speakers but now I notice (DOH) that they are 4 ohms and the 2807 is rated down to 6 ohms. I read the "warning" in the manual indicating possible shutdown after long periods.

Now assuming that my inlaws don't listen to it loudly or for periods longer than say 4 hours, should this be an issue? Bear in mind that I can provide as much ventilation as possible, even including a fan right on top of the receiver.
Try it and see, the 2807 is a very good receiver. I would be surprised if it wouldn't be up to the task. If they can't use it, I will take it off their hands.
I'm thinking you won't have any issues. Axiom has long recommended Denon with m80's, however, they are very easy to drive.
Seems to be working fine now. They're satellites, not towers so power requirement isn't that high.
Posted By: Tarun Re: Driving older 4 ohm speakers w/ Denon 2807 - 12/18/06 07:43 PM
Ran My m80's all day yesterday for football via my 2807 and did not have one issue at all. No over heating that I could feel.
© Axiom Message Boards