Axiom Home Page
Posted By: intune Need Help to disable headphone mini jack - 01/04/07 09:07 PM
Happy New Year!

I have a portable boom box that has a shorting mini-headphone jack. It shorts out my right speaker when pulled out/when jiggled. How can I disable the headphone jack internally properly?

I know a weird one...........

Thanks,

Intune
I am guessing it is not "shorting", but it is a cold/bad solder joint on the jack.

I have resoldered several headphone jacks in my day.

is it possible to open the beast and look for a cracked solder joint and resoldering it ?

typically this is caused by the stress of having headphones plugged in the jack, and movement the person wearing the headphones. so if the jack has been used a lot, that increases the possibility I am correct Another thing that could cause the fatigue is if it is tight where the jack goes through the case of the player, and the player has been dropped.

another test would be if the problem still presents itself while using the headphones and wiggling the jack

hth

randy
Posted By: BrenR Re: Need Help to disable headphone mini jack - 01/04/07 11:05 PM
Quote:

so if the jack has been used a lot

Peter or Ken, care to make an Ajax joke here?

Have I really become a "spotter" for others' artillery?!?

Bren R.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Need Help to disable headphone mini jack - 01/05/07 02:29 AM
I'm telling you, that's Peter's baliwick. Get it right.

Posted By: Ajax Re: Need Help to disable headphone mini jack - 01/05/07 02:32 AM
Quote:

Quote:

so if the jack has been used a lot

Peter or Ken, care to make an Ajax joke here?

Have I really become a "spotter" for others' artillery?!?

Bren R.

Fire away!
its only a 'mini' jack, so I imagine no one will own up to being able to 'use' it.
Quote:

I'm telling you, that's Peter's baliwick.

Peter should keep his bailiwick to himself. Yuck.

Flaunting it all over the boards like that. . .sheesh.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Need Help to disable headphone mini jack - 01/05/07 12:56 PM
You mean bailiwick, sir. And as to a used Jack, well, I'd just rather not speculate on the jack of Jack. After all, aren't jacks usually in the back?
© Axiom Message Boards