Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rbech CD player problem - 01/20/07 04:48 PM
My Yamaha disc player (CDC-765)is 7-8 years old and has always performed flawlessly until now. At any any given time, the player gets "stuck" repeating the same note over and over until I manually advance it. It usually will play 5 or 10 songs before this happens. It doesn't matter what cd I'm playing so the problem is not the cd. If anyone can offer a possible solution or if a repair shop is needed, I would be most greatful. Thanks
Posted By: real80sman Re: CD player problem - 01/20/07 05:05 PM
Have you recently changed its location? It doesn't happen to be above your amp/receiver, does it? Both my CD and DVD players will start to skip or get stuck if they get too warm. (Which is usually when I've put it above the receiver, and after 5 to 10 songs)
Posted By: Haoleb Re: CD player problem - 01/20/07 07:13 PM
A likely problem is that you need to lube the laser sled rails, You can search google on more info on how to do this, I had a similar problem and replaced the entire laser assembly itself, however the problem was the sled rails needed to be lubricated. I used some fine viscosity gun oil but thats just because its what i had on hand and didnt want to wait to go get something better.

Theres also some other possible prolems listed on the page here if that doesnt work.

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_cdfaq4.html
Posted By: rbech Re: CD player problem - 01/29/07 12:16 AM
Hello Haoleb-
Thanks for the suggesting relating to the laser sled rails. I took things apart, cleaned them and put some light oil on the sleds. My goodness - so far, so good. Amazing. Beats buying a new player!! Thanks again.
RBech
© Axiom Message Boards