Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TomB System Upgrade - 02/19/07 02:52 AM
I am looking to upgrade my current Home Theater. My current equipment is quite dated (Yamaha HTR 5250 paired w/ Bose AM 15's) and under sized for the current room (22'Lx15'Wx8'H). The receiver I am looking to purchase is the Yamaha RX v2700, it seems to have the best of both worlds for audio and video processing.

Looking into purchasing the Epic 80-350 7.1 system and then adding a Rotel RMB1095 late this year or early next year.

Thoughts about on above listed equipment selection? Equipment selection to room size adequate?
Being in the U.S. (Montana) roughly how long does it take for the speakers to ship and arrive?

Thanks
Tom
Posted By: PDXGuy Re: System Upgrade - 02/19/07 03:09 AM
I ordered my speakers on the 13th of this month (in the morning) and they shipped the same day. They're due to arrive tomorrow, the 19th. I'm in Portland, Oregon. So, figure 5 or 6 days from order to delivery. Not bad for DHL ground shipping.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: System Upgrade - 02/19/07 08:00 AM
I would suggest getting the M60ti's and upgrading the sub to the EP500.
Posted By: Wid Re: System Upgrade - 02/19/07 02:20 PM
You could keep the system as is and get a better sub (than the 350) from a different company for around the same amount.
Posted By: dllewel Re: System Upgrade - 02/19/07 05:40 PM
Quote:

Being in the U.S. (Montana) roughly how long does it take for the speakers to ship and arrive?

If you order new, usually only 3 days (4 tops). If you go with the factory outlet usually 4 weeks, which may let you upgrade to the 500 with the discount (if you can wait that long).
Posted By: TomB Re: System Upgrade - 02/22/07 02:35 PM
Thank you for the info, to keep everything uniform it looks like i will be upgrading to the EP500.

Tom
Posted By: Robert_W Re: System Upgrade - 02/22/07 02:49 PM
Hey Tom, I second the upgrading to the EP500, I've got the 600 with the 80's and it's great. However I also have an EP350 in the bedroom with a pait of M3's. It's fine in the smaller room but wouldn't cut it any where else.

I'm in the NW corner of MT, outside of Troy and it took my stuff about a week if I remember correctly. It all came Fed Ex.

Congrats on the system! Enjoy!
© Axiom Message Boards