Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hutzal Will this work to extend Component? - 03/14/07 03:34 PM
I might have to extend my component cables very soon (for a projector).

Will this work?

Its supposed to be for Audio (Red and white) and Video (Yellow). Will it effectivly connect 2 component cables?

Description:

"Couples up to 6 RCA/phono plugs. Use to extend audio/video cables. Has gold-plated connectors."
Posted By: Ajax Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 03:55 PM
I believe so, yes. I use a similar product.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 05:02 PM
Got a new question now...just recieved the projector, and it has no component input, just the yellow RCA video input. Can I carry that video signal through a component cable? (just use one of the colors)?

Or are they completly different types of cables in which case I wont be able to?

-Robb.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 05:41 PM
This will unfortunately not work.

Component sends the video through three cables. You will need to use the single RCA output of your DVD player to connect to this projector.
Posted By: WhatFurrer Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 05:53 PM
Hutzal,

Provided you are talking about connecting your video source via composite video (yellow) to composite video (yellow) on your projector, the use of one of the colors (the cooresponding ends of the same color) of a component cable trio should work fine.

The cables are nothing special, just the way it is transported via component...I have used a red, yellow, white trio cable as a makeshift component cable in the past...

WhatFurrer
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 06:15 PM
Quote:

Hutzal,

Provided you are talking about connecting your video source via composite video (yellow) to composite video (yellow) on your projector, the use of one of the colors (the cooresponding ends of the same color) of a component cable trio should work fine.

The cables are nothing special, just the way it is transported via component...I have used a red, yellow, white trio cable as a makeshift component cable in the past...

WhatFurrer

Yes, that is what I was refering to. Using one of the component cables (from the 3) to transfer a composite signal. Thanks!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 07:35 PM
What inputs do you have on that thing? Lacking component sounds kinda strange. Maybe you can use VGA? I think that's a similar signal to component.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 08:17 PM
its a 2004 model BenQ. It does have a VGA input, and included is a VGA--->component cable. So I will try and see if that cable works, if not I will have to use the composite signal.

I think the VGA---> component will work just fine, but I am asking for a backup plan.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 08:29 PM
Ah. Makes sense. No s-vid?
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 09:30 PM
it does have s-video, but I have already run a 35 foot component cable in the ceiling coming out at the back...I would have to go purchase a 25 ft s-video cable in order to get s-video, which I am at all not interested in doing.

-Hutz
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Will this work to extent Component? - 03/14/07 10:36 PM
Understandable. Ick.
© Axiom Message Boards