Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hutzal Projector air filter... - 05/07/07 02:24 PM
Hey all, I was going to post this in AVS, but decided that I would rather get a response by posting here!

I have about 30 hours in my Z5, I was just wondering how often you guys clean your filters? I was thinking that I would probably clean mine every 50 hours or so. Also, it states that I need to buy a new filter for my z5 each cleaning for one of the filters (it has 2 air filters).

Can I just clean it, or do I actually have to buy a new one? (this is more for the Sanyo Z owners).

thanks guys!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Projector air filter... - 05/07/07 02:44 PM
This is a general comment on air filters, so it may be no good in your case. Depending on the fragility of the filter, you can often vacuum accumulated dust right off the filter using the hose attachment without any attached brush or nozzle. Always do this from the incoming side of the filter to avoid sucking dust through the filter!

I have a Panasonic room air filter and vacuuming the prefilter is something they tell you to do in the manual.

If you're going to try this on a filter that doesn't look very tough, just adjust the distance you hold the hose from the filter to suit.
Posted By: KlipschGuy Re: Projector air filter... - 05/18/07 09:24 PM
Hi there, I just use a can of air and blow the filters out, from the inside out as it were, works great but I guess I'm lucky, my filters are always pretty clean.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Projector air filter... - 05/18/07 10:14 PM
I still have my original Z2 filter, there is only one removable one. Anyway, every few months I take it out and blow it with air from inside out, it seems to be pretty clean all the time.
© Axiom Message Boards