Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko W series video installation guide - 05/15/07 02:23 PM
Just discovered this while browsing the site.

Courtesy of Audioholics, Axiom now has a video installation guide for the W series speakers their site. You can get to it by viewing any of the W series speakers, such as the W22. The video show the installation procedure for the W3, but the same steps apply regardless of the model.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: W series video installation guide - 05/15/07 02:50 PM
thats actually pretty cool. I have always wondered how to install those on-walls. Wow they look great!
Posted By: Ohmen Re: W series video installation guide - 05/15/07 03:13 PM
My only thought is you really have to make a permanent commitment. There will be no rearranging of the furniture without patching holes in the wall. After the speakers are "locked in place" is there a way to remove them?
Posted By: alan Re: W series video installation guide - 05/15/07 03:35 PM
Hi Ohmen,

Yes, you kind of wiggle the W speaker up and pull it out. It's a bit tricky but it works.

I'd agree that it is a permanent commitment installing an in-wall device. Of course, you could patch and re-paint if you wanted to move and take the speakers with you.

Regards,
Posted By: chesseroo Re: W series video installation guide - 05/15/07 04:14 PM
So why didn't they show the truly long and aggravating part, which is getting the walls and components wired?
I guess the removal of baseboards and line fishing would have made for too long a feature film.

Posted By: Hutzal Re: W series video installation guide - 05/15/07 04:53 PM
Alan,

any word on when the In-wall series will debut?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: W series video installation guide - 05/16/07 12:46 AM
Nice video and great quality, even when you click the "full screen" button. I didn't really care for the cover plates they had to use to hide the original wire hole.
Posted By: alan Re: W series video installation guide - 05/16/07 08:17 PM
Hutzal,

Some time this Fall is the projected time frame for the T series in-walls.

Regards,
Posted By: Haoleb Re: W series video installation guide - 05/17/07 05:06 AM
Quote:

Nice video and great quality, even when you click the "full screen" button. I didn't really care for the cover plates they had to use to hide the original wire hole.

Yeah, Should have just moved the speakers up a couple inches and covered it. I dont think it would have been that critical for that particular installation to have them a couple inches higher, For the amount of time it takes to install a couple retro rings in the wall and paint the wall plates he could have just patched the hole too.
© Axiom Message Boards