Axiom Home Page
Posted By: axiom_man Separates sold in Canada - 06/04/07 06:03 PM
I want to go seperates and mono blocks or at least one three channel and two two channel amps.
where and or what brands sold in canada are equivalent to Outlaw or Emotiva ?
Axiom's is going to be too much for me I would like to spend no more than $2500 - $3000
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/05/07 05:41 PM
Axiom_man,

I don't know of any, however, I have just bought the Emotiva LMC-1 and LPA-1. It apparently arrives today via UPS (I have my fingers crossed). I'll let you know how much it ends up being with customs and taxes and whatnot. With the CAD almost par with the USD, it may end up being a very cost effective choice.

If the products do arrive today, I'll try to write up a report tonight, focusing specifically on the reported bugs, as Lonnie at Emotive claims they have been fixed. You'll find it in the Home Theatre forum of this board.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/05/07 08:52 PM
It cost me $939 USD for purchase and shipping, plus $280 CAD in customs, duties and import taxes.
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/05/07 11:27 PM
Thanks
yes we are almost par $$$$
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/05/07 11:39 PM
Yeh, I cannot find anything worth while in Canada ....
Well that is reasonable I think I may look into the Emotiva MPS1 and just get three modules for now.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/05/07 11:56 PM
How about a Sony? After it breaks down on you after 1 month of use, I guarantee you will feel great inside as you introduce it to the floor in your local Sony store .
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/06/07 01:43 AM
I was actually thinking of getting Denon mono blocks off Ebay. But think I will try the Emotiva's. Sirquack seems to love them also ravi_singh bought Emotiva I will wait and see what he posts.

Posted By: Spoiler Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/06/07 01:46 AM
Quote:

But think I will try the Emotiva's. Sirquack seems to love them

Um... what?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/06/07 01:48 AM
Yes, he loves them...loves returning them to Lonnie .
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/06/07 04:34 PM
I'll be posting a review of the LMC-1 and LPA-1 tomorrow (Thursday, my first day off!).

So far my impressions are very good.
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/09/07 10:38 PM
Well at first he did, I can't find the post yet but, he mentioned how he have Emo and loved them. then along came his issue. I did't realized he returned it.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/09/07 10:44 PM
Yep they sounded pretty good, however, if you like cranking things up there is the potential for the built in technology to shut them down prematurely.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/09/07 11:10 PM
Why don't you get a cheap Denon like I did? You can turn it all the way up, for hours and it doesn't even get warm. Of course at those levels, it sounds like raptors from Jurassic Park .
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/11/07 07:39 PM
why, would I get a cheap Denon when I already have the 3803

I just want more, I am actually going to get seperates for the fronts and let the Denon take over the rears.
eventually ,I will need to upgrade the Amp as this HDMI switching between 2 SATs and a DVD is pissing me off. I want 3 or 4 HDMI inputs and one out, so I can leave my TV on HDMI. The girlfriend will not turn it on unless I am in the house, as she gets frustrated, then I get frustrated cause I have to reset everything after she screws it all up by pushing all the buttons
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/11/07 08:58 PM
axiom_man,

I hate to say this, but you have a reached a point in audio where if you want more, you have to pay a hell of a lot more.

The higher end Denon's sound as good anything out there, and have a lot of power. If you want something that will blow it away, get ready to spend well over $5k.

Let's say you buy some Krell equipment and blow $20k on it. If you did an A/B test with the Denon 3803 at your regular listening levels... The difference may or may not be there, but it certainly wouldn't justify $20k (unless you're rich and that's chump change for you).

What exactly are you looking for? What doesn't the Denon do that you wish it did?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/14/07 05:04 PM
Why not just add a HDMI switcher like this? Then you won't have to worry about the receiver/Amp needing HDMI and it opens up the playing field.
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Separates sold in Canada - 06/21/07 03:42 AM
I am ordering a RPA-1 see how it goes then a second one for the centres
© Axiom Message Boards