Axiom Home Page
Posted By: docman VP150 Placement - 06/25/07 04:53 PM
hello,

I was just wondering if its kosher to turn axiom center speakers upside down so that they're resting on the incline (projecting the sound upward).

I'm going to have to place the vp150 about half a foot or so off the ground so I'm trying to decide if I should point the center up or leave it pointing straight.

thanks so much for any help/advice!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: VP150 Placement - 06/25/07 05:28 PM
sure, many of us do that, just rotate the grill so the "Axiom" label is right side up.
Posted By: Mojo Re: VP150 Placement - 06/25/07 07:02 PM
You will want to point it up unless your audience plans on listening to it while lying on the floor .
Posted By: docman Re: VP150 Placement - 06/26/07 02:20 AM
thanks for the quick replies...

The new home theater is a go!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: VP150 Placement - 06/27/07 02:34 AM
I do that with my VP100.
Posted By: JonHan Re: VP150 Placement - 06/27/07 12:47 PM
My VP150 is just below the TV and turning it "upside down"
made all the difference in the world.
Posted By: HAY Re: VP150 Placement - 06/28/07 02:00 PM
Quote:

hello,

I was just wondering if its kosher to turn axiom center speakers upside down so that they're resting on the incline (projecting the sound upward).

This was how it was designed and the reason for the shape.

From the Manual...

Fine-tuning the Sound

If dialogue intelligibility is a problem, especially if the VP center channel is on a shelf below the TV, flip the speaker so the front tilts up somewhat. Check your receiver set-up menu and increase the center-channel volume until dialogue is clearly audible. To improve the 3-dimensional soundstage, move the VP center channel slightly rearwards--and your left and right main speakers slightly forward-- so that all three front speakers form a gentle arc with the center furthest from you.
Posted By: Bayne Re: VP150 Placement - 06/28/07 03:36 PM
I found that flipping it upside-down angled the speaker too much for my space--I sit about 12 feet away from the speaker. To overcome this I simply removed the rear rubber foot of the speaker stand--there are two more in the front that I left in place. That gave me a slight angle that seems to have worked well for me.
© Axiom Message Boards