Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Samsung dual HD-DVD/BluRay Player info - 07/26/07 12:56 AM
http://www.electronichouse.com/article/s...vd_player/C157/
Posted By: Mojo Re: Samsung dual HD-DVD/BluRay Player info - 07/26/07 01:01 AM
I would buy it right now if it did SACD and DVD-A and didn't have the same issue as Oppo with analog outputs.
Price point is still higher than the individual players, but you get the advantage of using up only one HDMI port. If the price drops for gen 2 combo players I'll probably bite and get this instead of a dedicated BD player.

Scott
Patience. These will become commodity items soon enough. My first DVD player was a pretty low end model and cost $399. Conversely I got a new DVD player for the bedroom as a prize in a box of Cracker Jacks.
Quote:

I would buy it right now if it did SACD and DVD-A and didn't have the same issue as Oppo with analog outputs.

What issue?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Samsung dual HD-DVD/BluRay Player info - 07/26/07 11:51 PM
This issue.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Samsung dual HD-DVD/BluRay Player info - 07/27/07 02:01 PM
How do you know the Samsung has the same issues?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Samsung dual HD-DVD/BluRay Player info - 07/27/07 02:41 PM
I don't. What I should have said is that SACD and DVD-A is a necessary but not sufficient condition. The other condition is that it should not have the Oppo's analog output design deficiency. Sorry for the confusion.

English is so imprecise and very often I wish I could communicate in my mother tongue .
Posted By: haylo75 Re: Samsung dual HD-DVD/BluRay Player info - 07/27/07 05:14 PM
EDIT - sirquack - Nice avatar -- black & tan is one of my favorite beverages.

Quote:

Patience. These will become commodity items soon enough. My first DVD player was a pretty low end model and cost $399. Conversely I got a new DVD player for the bedroom as a prize in a box of Cracker Jacks.

Ugh, I remember those days. I bought a 1st gen entry level Panasonic A110U for $399 in 1998. Still works just fine today though... I can't say the same for the 3 cheap off brand players my brother-in-law has purchased from Wal-Mart over the past couple years.
© Axiom Message Boards