Axiom Home Page
Posted By: St_PatGuy Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 06:00 AM
Although I can't afford the new Audiobytes, my penchant for change has caused me to want to hook up my Denon/Mission mini system up to my computer. I don't know what is needed to make this happen, though. The Denon receiver/CD changer has two sets each of RCA inputs and outputs, as well as a pair of preouts. Do I need one of those RCA to mini jack converter things, or something else?

Long ago, I lost the manual. Don't know if it would have helped, anyway.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 06:09 AM
You need a 1/8 inch stereo mini to male rca cable. Plug one end into the computer, plug the other into the denon and bobs your uncle.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 06:24 AM
Awesome. I was hoping it was something simple like that.

Thanks, Brandon!
Posted By: CV Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 06:25 AM
Bob's your uncle, but Brandon's your daddy.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 06:32 AM
This is gonna be one confusing Thanksgiving dinner. . .
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 11:15 AM
Make sure your computer has a "line out" jack and just headphone jack. I had computers in the past where the line out was not offered (there inside, not outside!)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 05:22 PM
Whenever I read the word 'penchant' I think of my buddy in high school who came up with the following mnemonic for remembering what it means:

I like this pen, I like this pen, I like this pen.

Yeah, it's a pen chant.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/20/07 05:27 PM
He must have been quite some fun the days before exams!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/21/07 02:40 AM
Peter, you must have hung out with the "cool" kids. ;\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/21/07 03:36 AM
I was a floater between the geek/nerd and cool crowds. I was an honor student but also played volleyball and basketball. I favored the geek/nerd crowd, though, if it means anything. \:\)
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/21/07 04:19 AM
I aspired to be in the cool crowd, but they aspired not to include me. Their loss. I've learned to embrace my inner nerd.

Well, after all the therapy, that is. . .
Posted By: CV Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/21/07 04:25 AM
I was just a floater, not necessarily between crowds.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hooking up desktop system to computer - 11/21/07 05:03 AM
You really learn to love everything in your lunch when you've got nobody to trade with.
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
You really learn to love everything in your lunch when you've got nobody to trade with.

Somehow I always ended up with cheese. I never pulled off the winning end of a Lunchables trade though. \:\(
© Axiom Message Boards