Axiom Home Page
Posted By: James_T HDMI Switch Question - 12/11/07 10:40 PM
I have a receiver with 3 HDMI inputs and one monitor. It's great! However, I am already using two (Cable and DVD player) and will need two more for my PS3 and Xbox360. My question is, do the HDMI switches stream the audio sources as well or do I need to find one that explicitly states it streams the audio as well?

Thanks

james
Posted By: framer2180 Re: HDMI Switch Question - 12/11/07 10:44 PM
James,

I bought a HDMI 3x1 switch from monoprice.com and everything seems to be fine. Also, I saw that Oppo has a 3X1 on their website with info and specs. Their other products certainly have a good reputation.

Greg
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: HDMI Switch Question - 12/11/07 10:54 PM
When I ran out of HDMI plugs, I switched my cable to component. There is not real loss since there is no need for more for HD cable and the audio can be passed using coax or toslink.
Posted By: James_T Re: HDMI Switch Question - 12/11/07 11:54 PM
Thanks guys. I was just looking at the 3x1 switch on monoprice.

I have plenty of connections left, but having been able to drop all those cables for just one has made my significant other very happy. When she's happy... you know the rest.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: HDMI Switch Question - 12/12/07 11:02 PM
Right - I'd just go to component video and optical audio for the cable. They're not giving you 1080p anyway, so you won't lose anything (theoretically, anyway).
Posted By: BrenR Re: HDMI Switch Question - 12/13/07 08:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: James_R
When she's happy... you know the rest.
...you've done something wrong?

Bren R.
Posted By: Bill3508 Re: HDMI Switch Question - 12/15/07 03:50 AM
I just picked up a 2x1 switch from Monoprice and it works perfectly. I'm running my PS3 and Oppo 981 though with no probs to my Onkyo 804.

Bill3508
© Axiom Message Boards