Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Haoleb Axiom Tweeter being sold as Dayton! - 01/09/03 01:46 AM
Look what i found while i was browsing parts express today. looks exactly the same except only without the little Axiom logo thing on it. I didnt see anything else that resembled axiom drivers. only that. but i hope axiom makes these for dayton becuase theyre soo good. too bad they dont cost 100 bucks each. that would make me feel soo much better lol.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=10577409&St=6759&St2=-79786612&St3=33352411&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=7347&DID=7
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Axiom Tweeter being sold as Dayton! - 01/09/03 02:57 PM
You are right!

this looks exactly like their tweeter. Perhaps someone from Axiom can clear this up. If it is indeed the exact one, I just might order one since I recently dented a tweeter in my M3.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Axiom Tweeter being sold as Dayton! - 01/09/03 04:59 PM
The other possibility is that Axiom BUYS these from someone else...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Tweeter being sold as Dayton! - 01/09/03 05:32 PM
after closer examination these dont seem the same (although they look it) if you looked in the back port with a flashlight on the m80's you can see that the tweeters are 6 ohm. the dayton ones are 8. and axioms claims the tweeters are 15 oz.. dunno if they are reffering to the magnet weight. but the dayton is 3.5oz magnet weight. so maybe alan can clear it up. but they are obviosly very similar designed.
Posted By: DanTana Re: Axiom Tweeter being sold as Dayton! - 01/09/03 05:35 PM
The frequency response of these are not very good, I hope these aren't the ones Axiom uses, they don't seem to match the frequency response of the Axiom speakers I have seen. So my guess is that they are copycats.
Posted By: fhw Re: Axiom Tweeter being sold as Dayton! - 01/09/03 06:16 PM
I doubt that would be the case. Axiom manufactures their own drivers, and I think most of their business is OEM...if the tweeters are identical, it's more likely Dayton is buying it from Axiom's parent company.
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Axiom Tweeter being sold as Dayton! - 01/09/03 09:56 PM
fhw makes a good point. Dayton is definitely not selling these to Axiom, Axiom does make their own drivers in their factory.

Maybe dayton is buying the actual titanium part and the cover, but the rest is different. The specs DO NOT match, after checking them closely.
© Axiom Message Boards