Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Patchwork Storing my gear - 01/09/03 10:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I might be travelling for a while, and I might need to store my audio gear for a year, maybe more, maybe less.

What is the best way to keep this stuff stored so that it stays in the same condition, aside from letting someone who is very careful and caring keep them?
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Storing my gear - 01/09/03 11:36 PM
Do you still have the original packaging? (Am I the only person that anal?)
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Storing my gear - 01/10/03 12:13 AM
Not by a long shot Semi.
When was it you bought your Axioms?
About 2 months ago?
I'm into month number 8 and each box for M60s, QS8s, VP150 and the oversize EP350 are still out in my shed taking up the space of a small Volvo.
They aren't going anywhere until after my next move and then MAYBE i will consider tossing them into the recycling....but probly not.
Posted By: DanTana Re: Storing my gear - 01/10/03 02:42 AM
I'll give you my address to drop them off, I'll take good care of them.
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Storing my gear - 01/10/03 09:08 PM
DanTana,

I;ll drop it off as soon as you drop off a certified check with my name on it
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Storing my gear - 01/10/03 09:09 PM
Semi On

I do have the original packing. I am worried about leaving them in a storage space because in the winter it gets cold and humid. In the summer it gets hot and humid. I have a bad feeling about these climates for storing speakers.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Storing my gear - 01/10/03 09:46 PM
Do they have indoor storage where you live?
Posted By: jandrew Re: Storing my gear - 01/11/03 12:57 PM
For people who keep their boxes but are running out of room, this might be a helpful hint: Take the styrofoam pieces out of the boxes and put them in garbage bags. Then you can cut the bottom tape on the boxes and fold them down flat. I was forced to do this when I had JBL S312s, as the boxes were literally coffin-sized!
© Axiom Message Boards