Axiom Home Page
Posted By: gtkustoms newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/10/08 12:33 AM
Is there any difference between the two.

thanks
travis
The forum search function REALLY needs some fixing.
 Originally Posted By: gtkustoms
Is there any difference between the two.

thanks
travis

The short answer is, nothing of major concern.
Posted By: Mojo Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/10/08 02:16 AM
Chess proved this through double blind A/B tests \:\) .
how old is the 60ti version?

Provided that one could get a good deal on a used set, and a used set of m22s to make a m82, would that make a better combo vs the m80?

I read about the m82 combo mentioned in another post. But I could not do a search on it, to find out more about it.

any info would be great.

thanks
Posted By: jakewash Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/10/08 03:51 AM
Mojo and I were the masters of disaster for the M82 and we both really liked the sound. I was the one looking to keep the M82 but due to kids in the area and no easy way to keep the M22 on top of the M60 I went the M80 route and I do not regret it one bit.

The advantage of the M82 was if the recording you were listening too sounded poorly, switching to the M60s alon seemed to help the sound a little as the M22s are very unforgiving and the M60s give a little, just a little, when it comes to poor recordings.

I think the M82 is a personal choice, a few others have tried it and not really liked it much.
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Chess proved this through double blind A/B tests \:\) .

I'm the only one here still doing any.

Most people would believe that only a subjective opinion really means something, just like this guy:
Dedicated Audio Cable Tower Review

Ya, i wanna be in that crowd.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/11/08 04:23 AM
I just wanna be in the crowd that has the most fun while drinking the best beer.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/11/08 04:24 AM
Girls... just wanna have fu-un!
Posted By: Mojo Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/11/08 05:32 AM
I don't know what the Ti is or what it sounds like compared to the v2 so I can't comment about it. But yeah, the M82 v2 sounds more glorious than the M80 although it is uglier.
Posted By: Mojo Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/11/08 06:18 AM
Whew! None of my wiring is touching the carpet.
Posted By: jakewash Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/11/08 09:48 AM
How do you think you are going to get that dead short, if you don't let the wires toch the carpet?
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I just wanna be in the crowd that has the most fun while drinking the best beer.

Off to Tom's it is, then.....
Posted By: pmbuko Re: newb ???? m60ti vs m60v2 any difference - 01/11/08 02:25 PM
Tom should start a beertopian compound in the Pacific Northwest.
I'd be buying tickets right now if that were the case!
© Axiom Message Boards