Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FireGuy Source Setting on Denon AVR 1906 - 04/26/08 02:39 AM
Looking for help to reset my Denon AVR. Denon has not been much help, at least the performance of the 1906 has been excellent. My initial source setting was perfect, set to CD to play music CD's, DVD to watch DVD's...now, for some reason the only setting for playback on CD & DVD is in the DVD mode. Plus (and this one has me rather upset) when I play SACD Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of the Moon" there is no audio whatsoever, no matter what source I select. Have I inadvertantly changed something somewhere? No one has played with the rear wiring, btw. Thanks.
Axiom M3
Denon AVR-1906
Celestion F35C
Yamaha DVD-C750
BIC V1220
Polk RMS surrounds
Posted By: jakewash Re: Source Setting on Denon AVR 1906 - 04/26/08 03:15 AM
Has something changed in the DVD player? Sounds like that might be the probelm. Possibly the player setting has been changed from bitstream to PCM or vice versa.
Posted By: SRoode Re: Source Setting on Denon AVR 1906 - 04/26/08 01:40 PM
If you unplugged the player (I'm assuming it is a Denon as well, and connected via Denon Link), it may have reset to "video". Change it to "audio" for the SACD channels to function.

Edit - Oops. Read that you have a Yamaha...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Source Setting on Denon AVR 1906 - 04/26/08 01:54 PM
You could always reset the receiver back to its factory defaults, instructions in the manual in the troubleshooting section.
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Source Setting on Denon AVR 1906 - 04/26/08 02:22 PM
These sound like viable solutions. I'll give them a try. Thank you.
© Axiom Message Boards